 Trains / 30963 (-100)
  Re: BBB&C "new" 4-2-0 and Class A Shay locomotives

(...) Thanks John! I am very glad someone liked it!! I posted my first train MOC here (URL) and no one liked it (well, not enough to post a reply). So these are my first two locomotive MOCs. so except for you... thanks again kurt (15 years ago, 19-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BBB&C "new" 4-2-0 and Class A Shay locomotives

(...) Kurt, this is a superb MOC! Well done! I especially appreciate its 8widyness and the vids of it in action! Bravo! JOHN (15 years ago, 18-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BBB&C "new" 4-2-0 and Class A Shay locomotives

(...) ... I should say that I built this MOC in response an article called "SELECTIVE COMPRESSION APPLIED TO MECHANICAL DETAILS" by Steve Barile in (URL) RAILBRICKS issue 3> on page 34-35 where it says: "The Shay does not have traditional steam (...) (15 years ago, 18-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BBB&C "new" 4-2-0 and Class A Shay locomotives

A two truck, two cylinder, "Class A" Shay Locomotive My BBB&C's locomotive number 7 (URL) More pics and videos (URL) here>. and The First Locomotive of the First Railroad in Texas The 4-2-0 named the "General Sherman" (for Texas General Sidney (...) (15 years ago, 17-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

(...) Here's a YouTube video of the T1 in action: (URL) Or, if you'd rather, here's the same video on Flickr: (URL) --Tony (15 years ago, 15-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6 Stud Tankers

(...) Why to run them on the new Lego 6-wide rails in the Temple of Doom set. The designer has been quoted as saying the new rails elements were designed for making a wide variety of layouts. (15 years ago, 11-Nov-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Texas State Railroad Engine #500

(2 URLs) Gallery>, including work in progress shots. Texas State Railroad Pacific (4-6-2) Engine #500. From the TSRR Website: Built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1911, engine 500 began its career with the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (...) (15 years ago, 5-Nov-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Texas State Railroad Engine #300

(2 URLs) Gallery>, including work in progress shots. Texas State Railroad Consolidation (2-8-0) Engine #300. From the TSRR Website: Engine 300 is one of two surviving United States Army “Pershing” engines. This type of engine was named after General (...) (15 years ago, 2-Nov-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Old Swaybacked Flatcar (No Freeloading!)

I am please to bring you: (URL) Old Swaybacked Flatcar (No Freeloading!)> (URL) enjoy kurt (15 years ago, 27-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.vignette, FTX)

  LEGO set #10183 Hobby Train Online Instructions (.pdf format)

For people who have notice that LEGO has taken down the online digital copy of the Hobby Train instructions set #10183 from 'Factory.LEGO.com'. Brickshelf user: Holodoc has all 30 sets in .pdf format. (URL) For train fans. (15 years ago, 24-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Lindbergh Special "The Train That Raced A Plane"

(...) I've seen photos of B60's both with and with out end windows. The standard RR of the world wasn't always very standard. Though as luck would have it I can't find any photos of one with windows on the web so it appears they were a lot rarer (...) (15 years ago, 23-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Lindbergh Special "The Train That Raced A Plane"

(...) Very nice (as usual). I would have thunk that the end doors of the baggage car would not have had windows (but...?). I am still floored by the detailing you put on the interior of your cars. I'm almost half tempted to dare you to try that (...) (15 years ago, 22-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  The Lindbergh Special "The Train That Raced A Plane"

The Lindbergh Special "The Train That Raced A Plane" (URL) When celebrated pioneer aviator Charles Lindbergh returned to the United States on June 11, 1927 following his successful solo transatlantic flight from New York City to Paris, he was (...) (15 years ago, 19-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  A couple of scratch-built track links.

Ran across this interesting hack, turning O-gauge flex track into Lego track: (URL) got out the calipers and measured some 9V rail. Code 250 rail is almost exactly the right height, although different profile of course. Here is a source for Code 250 (...) (15 years ago, 11-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6 Stud Tankers

(...) Hi, I saw these parts in a LEGO show room, and if I remember well, they are split only in two. For the height, I don't really remember. But the better is they also exists in white, in the 2010 airport tower control. I already planned to make (...) (15 years ago, 9-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6 Stud Tankers

(...) But why would anyone want to build 6 wide? (g,d & r!) J-1 (15 years ago, 9-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

(...) The TechShop (www.techshop.ws) charnges members about $15 per in^3 of material consumed to do a 3D print in ABS. The output is a little "grainy", but it could probably make acceptable non-conductive track. Still have the conductive rail (...) (15 years ago, 9-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6 Stud Tankers

(...) Have you seen these in person, or do you have copies in hand? Judging from the photo Tony linked to, I'm not entirely convinced that they're 6-wide, but the stud notches at the base of this part clearly don't match those of the 4x4 or 8x8 (...) (15 years ago, 9-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6 Stud Tankers

(...) Found this on the second page on the first search for "LEGO Toy Story": (URL) page same search: (URL) Flickr is such a navigation nightmare. --Tony (15 years ago, 8-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains)

  6 Stud Tankers

Hi All, I wanted to announce that there are now 6 wide cylinders!!!! So we can make 6 wide tankers and boilers! It appears that they are split in fourths like the 8 stud cylinders. And either 5 or 6 bricks tall. Unfortunately these elements are in (...) (15 years ago, 8-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GN-Empire Builder at Brickfest

(...) confirmed that there were two Empire Builders... (URL) the one with yellow stripes has been repainted in dark green. Benn (15 years ago, 8-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Welcome to Sava Railways

(URL) Inspired by the painting located on (URL) PAGE>, I just had to create one for myself. I think it turned out pretty darn good. --Tony (15 years ago, 5-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) Hi Tony - It's a very impressive line up and recap of your work. And thanks for all your business. In good faith, the train wheels for your next train are your free. Just send me an email with what (...) (15 years ago, 1-Oct-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

(...) While Mr. Sava builds show ponys, I build (URL) Work> (URL). ;) Hardy har har! Cale (15 years ago, 30-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

(...) Grumble grumble... 26 large blind drivers... --Tony (15 years ago, 29-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

(...) Thanks much! I ordered the wheels from you so very long ago, I began to think I'd have to use them for something else. I wish I could take credit for the yellow pinstripe below the cab door, but that's part of the prototype, but I agree it (...) (15 years ago, 29-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

(...) Mild mannered Mr. Sava by day, but by night he transforms into The Steamer! Dreaded nemesis of the goodie two-shoes Cale Lightheart, The Steamer uses his superior building ability to steal all of Lightheart's hopes and dreams for ever building (...) (15 years ago, 29-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

(...) I would have actually preferred to motorize this locomotive with Power Functions, and I still plan to, but unfortunately my funds are such that I cannot afford to buy the parts I need. The tender cannot accept a AA battery PF battery box, so (...) (15 years ago, 29-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

(...) Erie I'm not so much into. But Mr. Sava is hitting close to home with the Pennsy. I guess my arch nemesis had to come east to find a real locomotive. ;) Cale (15 years ago, 29-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

(...) Very nice Tony. lots of subtle details to enjoy, I only discovered when looking at the large image on flickr. The little scoop/cowcatcher under the front coupler. The side skirting on the trailing truck. And as already mentioned the (...) (15 years ago, 28-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

(...) I think someone needs to just go to some plastics manufacturers (molding, 3d printing, whatever) and say "this is what we want, how much would it cost for a mold or design and how much would it cost per unit" I think that if someone said "We (...) (15 years ago, 28-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PRR T1 #5544

(...) snarky comment #1: What, no PF? snarky comment #2: aren't you just trapsing all over Cale's territory (first Erie, now PRR)? Seriously though, slick stuff! And that tender looks like a sheer exercise in brute force to make the skirting work. (...) (15 years ago, 28-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

(...) The simple solution that I would envision would be lego compatible ties that work with some off the shelf model railroad rail stock. That would keep the lego gauge, eliminate the need to put metal on plastic (beyond slipping ties on to the (...) (15 years ago, 28-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  PRR T1 #5544

(URL) Full gallery, including a year and a half's worth of progress photos, available (URL) HERE>. Pennsylvania Railroad T1 Duplex (4-4-4-4) Steam Engine #5544, one of the Sharks of the Pennsylvania Railroad. The powerful PRR T1 steam engines were (...) (15 years ago, 28-Sep-09, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

(...) There has been a lot of DISCUSSION on molding new track, but what we need is an actual demonstration of a technique that works and produces a real product. Anyone producing good quality 9V LEGO compatible track will find that there is a (...) (15 years ago, 27-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

(...) During the last year I got a lot of experiences in 3d printing. I think that can be an alternative to molding since that is very costly. Take a look at my results for minifigs at: (URL) the same technique it should be possible to mold also new (...) (15 years ago, 27-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question

(...) Hey, thanks for the info. It works. Peace, Stephen J. Hjellum (15 years ago, 24-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question

(...) Instead of clicking on the file to open it, right-click and do a "save as". You could also be sure that you have .LDR, .MPD and .DAT files associated with your editor (probably MLcad). That way you DO still have the ability to just click and (...) (15 years ago, 23-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Question

Hey everybody, I am new to LUGNET. One thing I want to understand is about brickshelf. Is there a way to get the actual .dat and .ldr files from brickshelf. It wont work for me. Can somebody help me with this? (15 years ago, 23-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Norfolk & Western Bicentennial Train

(...) Thanks Scott. Coming from a diesel modeler of your caliber I take that as high praise. I will model anything that interests me and love all eras of railroading. Steam engines and steam era railroading is more interesting to me than more modern (...) (15 years ago, 23-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Norfolk & Western Bicentennial Train

That's a lot of red white and blue! Love the engine details of the locomotive. Does this mean that you have seen the light and been converted to a Diesel modeler? Scott (15 years ago, 22-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Norfolk & Western Bicentennial Train

Norfolk & Western Bicentennial Train In celebration of the United States Bicentennial in 1976 many railroad painted equipment in special Bicentennial colors. The Norfolk & Western Railway wasn't content with painting just a locomotive and maybe a (...) (15 years ago, 19-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Star Wars & 9v Train BRAND NEW SETs

Due to a family emergency I need to sell my NEW IN BOX LEGO Collection. The higher end items are being put on ebay and you can see the rest here: (URL) These are all NEW IN BOX on eBay Star Wars #4483 AT-AT (URL) Star Wars #4482 AT-TE (URL) Star (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Selling New In Box LEGO Collection

Due to a family emergency I need to sell my NEW IN BOX LEGO Collection. The list is very long to list here so I'm only going to list the themes that are available and give you a link to where you can see full details, images and more. Adventure Sets (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western, lugnet.sports, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Mars light

(URL) full gallery> At Brickworld 2009 my table backed up to the (URL) folks. I got to talking with them and the (URL) eLite Jr. kit> was just neato cool. Okay, the eLights in general are neato cool, but at $20, the Jr was actually starting to be (...) (15 years ago, 5-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: LEGO train poster

(...) It appears that Cafepress.com is still selling the (large) print versions of the 'Trains of Brick' poster (one of the posters on the old digitalbricks.nl website) 17" x 11" (URL) x 22" (URL) Cheers, J.P. Manalo (15 years ago, 4-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO train poster

(...) Thanks! All of these posters are great. I had downloaded the 2003 Trainposter when it was new and still have it. Even at 8.5 X 11 size, it's great to show people when explaining LEGO trains. It would be nice to see a poster of all of the 9V (...) (15 years ago, 1-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO train poster

(...) (15 years ago, 1-Sep-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO train poster

(...) I've been looking for this poster as well. It's the one that was originally on digialbricks.nl, which no longer seems to be active. I've been looking for a few months without luck. I wonder if it's time to create a new one? The original was (...) (15 years ago, 31-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO train poster

Sorry that's not the Train Poster I was thinking about. It's this one on the home page of the ILTCO site. (...) (15 years ago, 31-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO train poster

(...) No, the train poster has not been kept up to date. Unfortunately it was a one time run. Like the Train catalog, LEGO found that it didn't really affect the sale of their products materially so it wasn't worth doing even as a "good will" (...) (15 years ago, 30-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO train poster

There was a LEGO train poster some years ago. Has this been kept upto date, if so where is it? I have also noticed some people have mini pictures of LEGO trains in their Signatures - based on ones done in Train Depot - are they available? David (15 years ago, 25-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Western Maryland "Russian Decapod"

(...) Another masterpiece. Cale, if you had any problems at BW, it was that you brought too many excellent works. Benn (15 years ago, 22-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Western Maryland "Russian Decapod"

(...) Thanks. Jeramy's round house does make an excellent back drop. I hope to build one of my own some day. And who knew staying up past 1am helping some one else build their layout could be so much fun. :) Cale (15 years ago, 16-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Western Maryland "Russian Decapod"

Your attention to detail is always amazing! This loco seems to be a great use for BBB medium drivers. I have to also say that it looks very impressive against Jeramy's Dark Red roundhouse. I had fun helping out with their layout and running my PF (...) (15 years ago, 16-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Santa Fe GP-38 Loco w/Yellow & Blue Warbonnet scheme.

(...) Thanks, Cale! That's very kind of you to say after showing your Western Maryland, your skills blow me away! Mark (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Custom Santa Fe GP-38 Loco w/Yellow & Blue Warbonnet scheme.

(...) Very nice. I always liked the yellow and blue Warbonnets. Cale (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Custom Santa Fe GP-38 Loco w/Yellow & Blue Warbonnet scheme.

(...) Hi Tim, you are correct. S-scale would have been the best fit, unfortunately, this particular scheme was not available in S, so I was stuck with HO. Regarding the construction, it certainly is more complicated than it looks. The picture isn't (...) (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Custom Santa Fe GP-38 Loco w/Yellow & Blue Warbonnet scheme.

(...) Might S scale decals be nearer the right size? There's a lot more complex construction in the loco than appears at first glance. Tim (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Western Maryland "Russian Decapod"

Western Maryland I-1 class "Russian Decapod" During World War I the Western Maryland Railway received 10 surplus 2-10-0 steam locomotives all built by Baldwin Locomotive Works. These "Russian Decapods" were originaly part of a larger order placed by (...) (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Custom Santa Fe GP-38 Loco w/Yellow & Blue Warbonnet scheme.

Well, I built this MOC in about 5 days, (not counting the time waiting for parts) but waited 30 days to finally get decals on it. Unfortunately, O-scale was too big, and HO-scale is too small, but I had to go with HO, cause it at least fit. (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: calling all MOCs for BrickCon October 1-4, 2009

(...) Will do Jeff! Can't wait to make it up there in October! I'll email you the MOCs I intend to bring. -jeremy (15 years ago, 13-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  It's here, RAILBRICKS 6

(URL) The latest issue of RAILBRICKS is out! RAILBRICKS 6 The Double Issue We silently released issue 6 on Friday August 7th. This 100 page issue was a long time coming, but features an interview with UK builder Carl Greatrix, more Steam tips & (...) (15 years ago, 12-Aug-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Is the Emerald Night (PF) Slow?

(...) You have to realize that the Power Functions XL motor turns VERY slowly for a LEGO motor to begin with, but it's got an awesome amount of torque. If you want your locomotive to go faster right away, just slap a medium PF motor in its' place. (...) (15 years ago, 4-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is the Emerald Night (PF) Slow?

(...) Hi chris, Glad to read that i'm not the only one with the gear problem. Anyone else with this problem? I did some modifications on the train, and it runs now verry smooth, and over 3h with 6 1800mAH Ni-MH batteries and two 52 stud long (...) (15 years ago, 4-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mryland & Pennsylvania Passenger Train

As expected, when I see your builds, they are so well done. I really like seeing everything you design and create. Those passenger cars look so perfect. Thank you. Eric Sophie Legomaster Biomechanical Bricks (15 years ago, 2-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mryland & Pennsylvania Passenger Train

These are amazing models! I really love the dark green and dark red colors. They were especially impressive in person at BrickWorld. After seeing the interior details on Flickr, they are even more impressive! Just amazing work! Scott (15 years ago, 30-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mryland & Pennsylvania Passenger Train

Stunning! Fantastic in every respect! (15 years ago, 30-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Mryland & Pennsylvania Passenger Train

Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad Passenger Train For those of you who attended Brickworld this year you may have already seen these. I'm playing catch up on photographing my backlog of MOCs so here is you're chance to finally see them in more (...) (15 years ago, 29-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Safety Recall of PF train remote

Thank you Gail, Recently I checked the leog.com site for any recalls since the IR speed remote control showed back up on the site with a shipping date in August. At the time there was no information on a recall. I phoned customer service and was (...) (15 years ago, 22-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Safety Recall of PF train remote

I know they were pulled off the S@H site after a short time. I just got this recall email from LEGO. I don't see any other posts about it here. Gail Meagher - Canada ---...--- SAFETY RECALL NOTICE Dear LEGO Consumer In cooperation with the U.S. (...) (15 years ago, 22-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RailBricks Blog

(...) Cool. Nice to see even more activity in the train world. I was feeling like we were a dying breed. Turns out we've just scattered. Hopefully this will help bring us back together. -Elroy (15 years ago, 20-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Blog

(...) A few technical difficulties. Things are back up now. Cale (15 years ago, 19-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: RailBricks Blog

(...) So I run off to have a look at the blog and maybe add it to my list of favourites... and it's down :P Hope it's back up soon! Jetro (15 years ago, 19-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  RailBricks Blog

Just a heads up that in the past few weeks the RailBricks blog has taken off with a good post on Lego trains coming from any one of the contributors every couple of days. If things stay at this pace, for the Lego train fan it is worth a look at (...) (15 years ago, 19-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Basic question about laying LEGO train track.

(...) I first saw them many years ago at (URL) Matt's Train Depot>, since taken over by the NGLTC. Old, but still a great resource. The turntables don't match perfectly, but they are very close. Gail Meagher (15 years ago, 15-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Basic question about laying LEGO train track.

(...) Thanks! It was a lot of work over the past year, but Stacy and I have been really happy with the results. :-) (...) I have seen this as well and it is on my 'To-Do' list for my corners. I talked to a couple people at Brickworld 2009 who (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic question about laying LEGO train track.

(...) Dave, That ballast is a work of art! Love it. Mark, I've also seen people use the 2x2 turntable plate at strategic locations under curves to connect to base plates, with tiles to provide support where even the turntable doesn't line up. Can't (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Basic question about laying LEGO train track.

(...) Thanks Dave! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I appreciate your help. Mark (15 years ago, 13-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Basic question about laying LEGO train track.

(...) Mark: Stacy and I decided to attempt ballasting out entire layout to fix the tracks to the baseplates. By using a combination of tiles and plates, you can stick the straight, curve, and switch tracks to the baseplates quite nicely. You can (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Basic question about laying LEGO train track.

Okay, so I've been building custom Santa Fe rolling stock for about 3 years now, but I am finally setting out to build my own train layout. I just recently finished my custom GP-38 Santa Fe loco with a yellow and blue war-bonnet design, but I'm (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

(...) As much as I would love to take credit for the Grand Carousel, it should be clarified that that model was designed by Steen Sig Andersen. I'm just responsible for the detailing around the top with the gold plates, jester hats and inverted (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

Just a quick reminder that the National Train show is this weekend in Hartford, CT. Also, Jamie's plans have changed slightly, so he'll be speaking on Friday and Saturday instead of Saturday and Sunday. If you're in the area, please feel free to (...) (15 years ago, 7-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The first competitor to Lego in trains has emerged.

(...) Very interesting. This is an Oxford (Korean company, very hard to get in the USA) design that's been out for a couple years, but it's interesting to see that Sluban, whose entire line is copied or licensed Oxford sets is only now picking up (...) (15 years ago, 26-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The first competitor to Lego in trains has emerged.

(...) A quick google search led me to this: (URL) for the long link) JohnG, GMLTC (15 years ago, 26-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  The first competitor to Lego in trains has emerged.

Just a heads up. Sluban of China has just entered the brick train business. Their first locomotive is a Stephenson's Locomotive, one piece with sound box powered by 2 double A batteries. The locomotive is one piece. Track is plastic, rails the same (...) (15 years ago, 26-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

(...) I had the train reverse on me too, but it was only when the speed was close to zero. So, I assumed I had just clicked twice, and gone from +1 to -1. The issue about losing signals due to line-of-site communication has another side to it. If (...) (15 years ago, 24-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

(...) I'd say it's no biggie since you can just keep turning the orange knob until you're happy with the speed. A bigger problem would be that the 8879 I had a chance to play with a while back (I'm still waiting for mine, ordered within 12 hours of (...) (15 years ago, 23-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet� design.

(...) Hi Mathew, It took me a while scrutinizing your pictures to finally figure out how you made the vertical supports for the side railings on your engine--it's brilliant! I hope you don't mind if I steel your design. Since my original post here, (...) (15 years ago, 23-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Brickworld - WGN Broadcast

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover Thank you again for registering to attend Brickworld this year! We are looking forward to a dymanic event this weekend. To kick things off, we just received final confirmation that WGN-TV will be visiting (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Brickworld - Exhibit Setup Information/Logistics

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover With only a couple days to go until the big event, please take note of the following information for setup and takedown: Location: The Westin Chicago North Shore 601 N. Milwaukee Avenue Wheeling, Illinois (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

(...) Sweet...Jamie was great when he was here in Chicago for Brickworld last year!!! Have fun! Bryan & Adam (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  train MOC needed for Brickfair: Washington DC, August 2009

Hi Train Builders, We have a town MOC registered for Brickfair called Alpine Village and would like an operating 9V Alpine train MOC to complete the scene. We are set with track and the controller. If you are interested in building a Swiss mountain (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

As part of the National Train Show on July 10-12, 2009 in Hartford, CT, Jamie Berard, set designer of the newly released 'Emerald Night' and employee of The LEGO Group (TLG), will participate as part of the show. Jamie will be giving a talk on both (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet� design.

(...) Oh, I almost forgot to mention, your MOC looks absolutely incredible!!! Mark (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet� design.

(...) Awesome! Thanks, Mathew!! That's exactly what I wanted to see. I think what I'm building is shaping up to be quite similar, although I'm waiting on parts from the UK. Those darn 1x1x2 corner window pieces are hard to get now. I had to order (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

(...) Hi Russell, Thanks for the tip! I really appreciate your help. Mark (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work?

(...) Clifton, The problem with using a gutted 9v motor is the friction. The motor has a lot of side sprung friction for the electrical brush power pickups. I've been successful making power pickups using the ealy style 9v wheelsets. (URL) These (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet� design.

(...) Thanks Russel. Mark, I did pretty much the same thing. The model that Russell pointed out was the first thing I built after coming out of my dark age, and my first real train MOC. If I were to do it again, I might use the nose from the Alaska (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Playing around with the new 55423 wheel

(...) Pressing the studs of a Technic Rotor 2 Blade with 2 Studs (2711) or a Technic Rotor 2 Blade with 4 Studs (32124) in the holes of the 1x7 beam would give you your desired centered axle hole, and in case of the 2711 part, some interesting (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact