 Trains / 30903
  Custom Santa Fe GP-38 Loco w/Yellow & Blue Warbonnet scheme.

Well, I built this MOC in about 5 days, (not counting the time waiting for parts) but waited 30 days to finally get decals on it. Unfortunately, O-scale was too big, and HO-scale is too small, but I had to go with HO, cause it at least fit. (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Custom Santa Fe GP-38 Loco w/Yellow & Blue Warbonnet scheme.

(...) Might S scale decals be nearer the right size? There's a lot more complex construction in the loco than appears at first glance. Tim (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Custom Santa Fe GP-38 Loco w/Yellow & Blue Warbonnet scheme.

(...) Hi Tim, you are correct. S-scale would have been the best fit, unfortunately, this particular scheme was not available in S, so I was stuck with HO. Regarding the construction, it certainly is more complicated than it looks. The picture isn't (...) (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Custom Santa Fe GP-38 Loco w/Yellow & Blue Warbonnet scheme.

(...) Very nice. I always liked the yellow and blue Warbonnets. Cale (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Custom Santa Fe GP-38 Loco w/Yellow & Blue Warbonnet scheme.

(...) Thanks, Cale! That's very kind of you to say after showing your Western Maryland, your skills blow me away! Mark (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)