 Trains / 30894
Re: Safety Recall of PF train remote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:25:50 GMT

Thank you Gail,

Recently I checked the leog.com site for any recalls since the IR speed remote control showed back up on the site with a shipping date in August.  At the time there was no information on a recall.  I phoned customer service and was told there was no recall.  I asked how they were going to address the issue with the units that were already sold to customers like me who still had the units. (My controller was still in the plastic and never used.)   At the time the customer service representative said there was no information on how to handle the situation. But she said LEGO would replace my controller after looking up the information and confirming that I had purchased the controller as part of the Power Function kit #K8882.  A new one was ordered by the CR and I am awaiting delivery. Now I see there is an official recall. I was concerned that we were never told what was the problem with the units or if there was a hazard.  Like most of us I was under the impression that this was related to the line of site issue and the units being able to maintain constant control of the trains.