 Trains / 30858 (-10)
  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

(...) Thanks, Bruce. This is not quite the locomotive I'm looking for though. The one in the "Getting Started With LEGO Trains" book is a custom one by Jacob McKee that LEGO doesn't sell a kit for. I was just curious if anyone here may have built (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

(...) Here are the instructions (URL) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Wanted: Picture of LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design.

Does anyone have some pictures of a LEGO SF GP-38 Loco “Warbonnet” design as discussed in the "Getting Started With LEGO Trains" book by Jacob McKee? Building instructions for this color scheme would be even more desirable. I need to build a loco to (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Playing around with the new 55423 wheel

(...) This is how I did it with my Shay bogie - hope it helps. (URL) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Playing around with the new 55423 wheel

Hello I was hoping on the wheel, but some tests tonight did not gave all what I wanted. 1) external design I tried to use a 1x8 technic brick, a 1x6 will do and a 1x7 will be good. It is possible to place the wheels one hole from the end, leaving (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  127,000 bricks in 110 seconds!

We set up our 127,000 brick US flag at the Richard M Nixon Presidential Library and Museum in Yorba Linda, California yesterday. The Orange County Register made this 110 second time lapse and audio/video posted at (URL). You will have wait past 10 (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work?

(...) The "new 8866 motor" is just the same motor as found in 9v RC trains that have been out for a year or so. It SHOULD be capable of being powered as you suggest, 9v jumper wire to a 9v track powered motor (but I haven't tried so no promises). I (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work?

(...) To do this, I think you will need to run a 'dummy' PF Battery Box. I had this problem awhile back when I wanted to power my PF IR switch points using a 9V Train Controller. I had to the the 9V lead to the Battery Box and turn the battery box (...) (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work?

(...) Another thing to try: Use the 9V motor to power the IR receiver, and run the PF motor from that. This would require the 9V motor to be disconnected (just use the pick-up), and you'd need to run the train controller at full speed, and make sure (...) (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work?

(...) I just tried this out on my basement layout. The short answer is no. The 8866 motor has a 9v-style connector on it, so the first thing I tried was connecting a 9v motor to the new motor with a 9v cable. No luck. Next, I tried connecting the 9v (...) (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact