 Trains / 30846
    Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work? —Dave Sterling
   (...) Interesting idea, Clifton. I would be very interested to see if this works and if it is 'safe' for the motors. One thing to keep in mind though is that 9V motor failure tends to be more tied to the internal power leads that connect the wheels (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work? —Clifton D. Chambers
   (...) I think the real intent was not so much installing a second motor, but actually powering the PF motor, or even a second PF motor from the 9V rail. Using the 9V truck to pick up power from the track and using the 8886 extension wire to convert (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work? —Benn Coifman
   (...) The "new 8866 motor" is just the same motor as found in 9v RC trains that have been out for a year or so. It SHOULD be capable of being powered as you suggest, 9v jumper wire to a 9v track powered motor (but I haven't tried so no promises). I (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)