 Trains / 30842
30841  |  30843
Subject:
Alstom "Cityway" Tram (another one from Turin)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 09:01:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Dear LEGO friends!
I’m glad to show you my newest Moc of a tram from Turin. It is the 34-meters Cityway, made originally by Fiat Ferroviaria in the 2001/2 but later by the French Alstom because they bought the Plant of Savigliano (near Torino), where they completed the production in the 2003.
The Cityway is present in some towns in Italy, like Torino, Messina (the same but only 25 meters long) and Roma (with different heads).

The Cityway is a 100% low floor bidirectional tram: a technical sheet, drawings and pictures can be found at http://www.tramditorino.it/tram_serie_6000.htm

More pictures of the complete model and some work-in-progress photos can be found into my Brickshelf gallery or on my Youbrick folder:

http://www.youbrick.com/v/Trains/Lucajuventino/Tram/Torino6000/

This tram has fixed wheels, no really boogies, like many 100% low floor trams. The wheels are in the first, third, fifth and last section of the tram. The second, fourth and sixth section are floating.
The LEGO model uses over 1000 parts and has a scale of 1:38. It is rather 90 cm long!
The stickers are self made. I don’t like, don’t use them!

So, enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think.
Cheers
Luca