 Trains / 30811
Re: Getting single cars... from train sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 01:19:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
   Hi all

There are 2 cars, from train sets I want to buy:

1) passenger car from 3225

2) freight car from car from 4512

The point is that I have 2 cars from 3225, but a 3-car train would look better. I have made a luggage car in the same style.

And the car from 4512 I only want because of the “Franz Jäger” sign (Danes will understand that!)

But, on bricklink, only complete trains are for sale... how can I get single cars, instead of buing the entire train?

WBR Sonnich
Hello Sonnich

With the van from 4512 you would be best getting the doors, door rails, trainroofs and 2x1 Franz Jager printed tile from Bricklink, the train doors (4181pb01) have the -O- symbol printed on them you would however need the sticker sheet for the CARGO writing in green which goes on one of the sliding walls each side of the van. I love building extra copies I bought parts to build another Hopper from 4512 and made 3 Hoppers from 7898 in a dark bley and green colour scheme (providing a livery link with 4512) from spare parts to go with the 2 in red that I have from the 7898 sets I bought.Sometimes it can be expensive but most of the parts are fairly common and you would have them laying around the the sliding walls (2874) though can be expensive especially since you will need 4 for this model.

Regards David