 Trains / 30763 (-5)
  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

(...) With a little modding to the internal curves of the parts shown in the picture above, it might be possible to support ballast from underneath the track like this: (URL) Mark (16 years ago, 9-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia wrote: <snip> (...) I've looked at doing different track sections consistently with the old style 9v track (with the metal on top). Putting the metal on top is a very expensive proposition and found the whole scenario (...) (16 years ago, 9-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

(...) I think some people have investigated this in the past for 9V and found that the cost was to great to warrant proceeding. That said, it is probably more feasible for the 'RC Track' since you would not have to deal with the metal rails. (...) (16 years ago, 9-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

I think it's feasible, but not necessarily for 9v track. Personally, I'd be happy even with RC track in a wider radius, and I think it'd be more feasible for the same reason Lego switched, it's cheaper to make, easier to design. Ben I think can give (...) (16 years ago, 8-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?

We all want new larger radius curves and other things. Also, Big Ben Bricks, BrickArms and others have been able to successfully mold and sell new custom parts. Has anyone ever considered extending this and doing some kind of molding of new track (...) (16 years ago, 8-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact