 Trains / 30726
Re: Pennsylvania RR #8971 Baldwin AS616
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 07:02:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cale Leiphart wrote:
   For those of you who may not be aware. The Flickr Train Group is holding a Building Challenge for the Baldwin AS616 Diesel Locomotive. So I thought I’d take a break from my usual steam shenanigans an build an entry.

Pennsylvania RR #8971 Baldwin AS616

Baldwin Locomotive Works built 12 of the AS616 diesels for the Pennsylvania RR between 1951 and 1954. They used Baldwins eight cylinder 608sc engine and were rated at 1,600 horsepower. Two of the Baldwins were delivered with steam generators for use in passenger service.

Cale,

Wow! You continue to amaze me with your ability to not only make great looking lego diesels, but then you squeeze a realistic looking engine under the hood. Very nice.

Benn