 Trains / 30698 (-20)
  NEW LEGO Train Set for 2009?

Anyone know about this new train? I think I saw a constructed model recently on-line, but I was under the impression this was a MOC and not a new LEGO issued train set. It looks like the set is R/C and not a 9V. Is this the new and improved hybrid (...) (16 years ago, 15-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Boxcar instructions

(2 URLs) Now available from: (URL) Boxcar- set 101 After many requests for instructions for my boxcar, (URL) I've finally sat down and put together an instruction book. The result is a 62 page instruction set providing directions to build four (...) (16 years ago, 14-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

  Pennsylvania RR H10s Power Functions Based Steam Engine

I was waiting until the release of (URL) #5> to post this. So now that it's out I present. Pennsylvania RR #7688 (2 URLs) Pennsylvania RR #7688 was built by Lima Locomotive Works in September 1915. She was one of 445 H10s class 2-8-0 Consolidations (...) (16 years ago, 14-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  RAILBRICKS 5

(URL) The latest issue of RAILBRICKS is out! RAILBRICKS 5 The Steam Issue This Steam Issue focuses on all things Steam with tips & tricks on building steam trains as well as ideas on incorporating Power Functions into you creations. There are also (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Norfolk Southern GP59

(...) That's gorgeous! Nicely done! Dave K (16 years ago, 12-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Norfolk Southern GP59

(...) This is such a beautiful locomotive. You are quite a diesel master. I find the idea of those big fancy UP engines being pushed around by a lowly Norfolk Southern "Geep" is kind of funny. Maybe it's just the eastern rail fan in me. :) I hope (...) (16 years ago, 11-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Norfolk Southern GP59

(URL) Taking a break from the Union Pacific Heritage Series, here is my version of a GP59. I will eventually add the new train battery and controller to the UP Heritage locos, but I wanted something that can push them around while I wait on TLG to (...) (16 years ago, 10-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Big Ben Bricks Medium Drivers

Howdy! Is anyone working on or have a LDraw version of Ben's Medium Drivers? I have a copy of the flanged and blind Large drivers, as well as the small wheels, but I am in desperate need of the LDraw files for both the Flanged and Blind Medium (...) (16 years ago, 9-Feb-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: UP MKT (The KATY) Heritage Series

(...) Thanks Cale! I'll have to give that a try on my next model. Scott (16 years ago, 7-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set

Thank you all for your great comments! I am excited to try the suggested improvements when I get the chance: (...) I agree this would improve the sleekness of the design, so I will certainly give it a try. Originally the notch-effect may not have (...) (16 years ago, 5-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set

Eric, wow!!! Thanks so much for sharing your video’s with us. That is a serious Lego train, very very impressive. You must live with some very understanding people. My family wouldn’t allow it. You have done well just to organise all the straight (...) (16 years ago, 5-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set

(...) Eric, I've been lurking, as well, for some year or more. Your design of the ICE is fantastic. I love the modifications you've made. Stellar set. The set runs so smoothly along those sweeping curves-- mezmerizing, indeed! I might make one (...) (16 years ago, 4-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: UP MKT (The KATY) Heritage Series

(...) Awesome work as usual Scott. For getting more gloss from decals I've found that a few coats of (URL) Crystal Clear Acrylic Spray> works well. It remains flexible after drying and gives the decal a nice LEGO like shine. Once they're cut out I (...) (16 years ago, 3-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  UP MKT (The KATY) Heritage Series

(URL) Here is my third addition to the Union Pacific Heritage Series: The KATY. MKT was the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Train Line, before it merged into Union Pacific. I'm not very please with the stickers. I had to use a thicker paper that had more (...) (16 years ago, 3-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set

(...) Cool! And also neat to see mother necessity in action with the curves. Your implementation is the first time I've seen them realized. They look great in the videos. And as battery trains are becoming the norm, they'll be a lot easier to (...) (16 years ago, 1-Feb-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set

Very nice looking! Thanks so much for sharing! God Bless, Nathan (URL) (16 years ago, 31-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set

(...) The new lamps are really cool, especially in being LED. They can be a bit bulky compared to the old light bricks though. Plus they're permanently paired. (URL) I believe the bottom of these are compatible with the old 9V connectors. The (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set

Thanks for the great feedback so far. I'm glad you enjoyed the videos! I had fun making them with all the different camera angles -- there were quite a few incidents involving the train colliding with the camera as well, so perhaps I should post a (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set

That is an absolutely beautiful trainset! Seeing it on the long curves is magnificent. I do have one suggestion/comment though. Have you thought about using this piece (URL) to hide the 1x2 light bulb brick in body and route the light up to where (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DB InterCityExpress (ICE 3) train set

Those videos are amazing! The long curves really put realism to the train. It looked like the train leaned into the curve a litte. Did you add a high pivot point, so that it would lean into the curve? Very nice setup and awesome train! Scott (16 years ago, 29-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact