 Trains / 30693
Re: Norfolk Southern GP59
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Scott Wardlaw wrote:

Taking a break from the Union Pacific Heritage Series, here is my version of a GP59. I will eventually add the new train battery and controller to the UP Heritage locos, but I wanted something that can push them around while I wait on TLG to release the new controller.

More pictures here: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/96016

Scott W.

This is such a beautiful locomotive. You are quite a diesel master.

I find the idea of those big fancy UP engines being pushed around by a lowly Norfolk Southern “Geep” is kind of funny. Maybe it’s just the eastern rail fan in me. :)

I hope the new Power Functions Train system works out and you can get the UP engines up and running. I’ve been playing around with using the existing PF elements on some of my steam engines with some positive results. I think there is a lot of potential in the new system if done right.

Cale