 Trains / 30653 (-20)
  Updated Engine Roster

(URL) All eight of my steam engine MOCs in all their glory. All told some three years and $216 worth of Big Ben Bricks wheels. Ben probably has a stack of envelopes pre-addressed with my address. --Tony (16 years ago, 12-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: UP Missouri Pacific Heritage Series in 8 wide

(...) Thanks Benn. I just ordered parts for the next one. Fortunately, it was mostly common red, so it isn't as expensive. Scott (16 years ago, 10-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: UP Missouri Pacific Heritage Series in 8 wide

(...) Nice build, can't wait to see the full set some day. And a great use of light blue. Benn (16 years ago, 9-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Mmm... Beefy

(...) Oh, I just meant that this point a builder of just about any nice looking piece of rolling stock would have to list 50+ people where they got ideas from. The fact of the matter is, we borrow ideas from each other all the time. (...) Grin Benn (16 years ago, 9-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mmm... Beefy

(...) Thanks, Benn! Yeah, I've borrowed quite a bit from a lot of people. Someday I'll have to sit down with Flickr and note where credit is due. As far as coal cars are concerned, I need to build rolling stock, period. Pretty soon my locomotives (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  SCLTC winter show in progress

The seventh annual Southern California LEGO Train Club ((URL)) winter show at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum ((URL) SDMRRM>) in Balboa Park in San Diego is now entering its final weeks. This year’s show features a city with skyscrapers, town, (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX) !!

  Re: UP Missouri Pacific Heritage Series in 8 wide

(...) They are LEGO wheels for now (I need to order more BBB wheels). I prefer the BBB wheels, since the flange is less than 3 studs in diameter and they have less rolling resistance than the LEGO wheels. I only mention the flange diameter, since (...) (16 years ago, 5-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UP Missouri Pacific Heritage Series in 8 wide

(...) Thanks Cale. I already have the other 4 Heritage Locomotives in MLCAD and checked that all of the parts are available in the rare colors needed. Now, I just need to happen upon some extra money to buy the parts for them. I hope to bring the (...) (16 years ago, 5-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UP Missouri Pacific Heritage Series in 8 wide

(...) Wow Scott I have to say this my favorite one so far. Maybe I'm just a sucker for blue. Very nice work. So I assume you will be modeling the rest of the fleet? Cale (URL) (16 years ago, 4-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BrickFest '09 Registration is open!

(URL) Hi All, Just letting you all know that Registration is now open. Hope to see you all there! SteveB <www.BrickFest.com> (16 years ago, 4-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  UP Missouri Pacific Heritage Series in 8 wide

(URL) This is my second addition to the 6 Union Pacific Heritage Series Locomotives. I didn't quite have the cab all the way on in some of the pictures, I was just so excited to finally get the side railings done. Please check out the rest of the (...) (16 years ago, 4-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  NALUG at GETS 2008

I've just finished doing web pages with pictures from NALUG's display at the Great Edmonton Train Show last September. Some of the stuff repeats from the 2007 show, but since we still don't have web pages for that year, it will be new to anyone who (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jan-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.edm, lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ballast Studies & Guides for LEGO 9V Train Track

(...) John: Thanks a great idea! I never though of using the jumper bricks to further randomize the pattern. I'll have to give that a try on the next corner or switch I ballast and see how it works. Thanks a bunch for the great suggestion. :-) -Dave (...) (16 years ago, 3-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ex-MILW Soo Line GP40

(...) Thanks, Dave! The cab design is all Benn, though. I just stole it and modified it slightly to fit my needs. (16 years ago, 2-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ex-MILW Soo Line GP40

(...) Two great locomotive mocs in one week (yours and Tony's), it is shaping up to be a good year. Yeah, building in orange can be a bit of a challenge whenever you trip over those parts that should exist but don't. Just keep it away from Betty (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Mmm... Beefy

(...) An excellent build with several innovative techniques (and a nice sampling of good ideas from others too). Now all you need are about 50 coal cars to push upgrade to complete the set (grin). Benn (16 years ago, 2-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Mmm... Beefy

(2 URLs) Gallery> Erie #2602 L-1 Camelback Angus class (0-8-8-0) Steam Locomotive. This is my version of the (URL) truly bizarre Erie L-1>. Built by ALCO for the Erie in 1907, she was, at the time, the largest locomotive in the world, as well as the (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Ballast Studies & Guides for LEGO 9V Train Track

(...) Dave, The ballasted track looks great. I must admit, having seen 6 or 8 LEGO train displays I never appreciated the effort required to ballast curved track. Now I know better. My only suggestion would be to add some jumper plates to the mix. (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ex-MILW Soo Line GP40

(...) Matt- This is awesome! I looked at your Flickr pictures and there is just so much SNOT on this MOC. It's dripping! I love the way you captured the worn paint and the cab design rocks. Excellent work! -Dave ToT-LUG (16 years ago, 2-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Ballast Studies & Guides for LEGO 9V Train Track

After months of planning this, I finally had some time to get my ballast studies completed for LEGO 9V straight, curve, and switch track. I have posted pictures along with LDraw generated guide sheets at my (URL) MOCPages Page>. Many thanks go out (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jan-09, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact