 Trains / 30649
Re: Mmm... Beefy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 23:23:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Anthony Sava wrote:
   Erie #2602 L-1 Camelback Angus class (0-8-8-0) Steam Locomotive.

This is my version of the truly bizarre Erie L-1. Built by ALCO for the Erie in 1907, she was, at the time, the largest locomotive in the world, as well as the only articulated camelbacks ever built. Only three were ever built, I chose to number mine after the last of the three simply because most models I’ve seen are of the first two.

An excellent build with several innovative techniques (and a nice sampling of good ideas from others too). Now all you need are about 50 coal cars to push upgrade to complete the set (grin).

Benn

Thanks, Benn! Yeah, I’ve borrowed quite a bit from a lot of people. Someday I’ll have to sit down with Flickr and note where credit is due.

As far as coal cars are concerned, I need to build rolling stock, period. Pretty soon my locomotives will outnumber them! (You should see her helping my Polar Express/Pere Marquette #1225, they make a great looking pair.)

--Tony