 Trains / 30633 (-20)
  ex-MILW Soo Line GP40

Sometime in late July while on a long, 6 hour drive to Pennsylvania I started playing around with ideas to build a (URL) "Soo Bandit" GP40> in CAD to pass the time. I chose the bandit scheme because of the challenge presented by its weathered patch (...) (16 years ago, 31-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Reshaping 4.5v track

(...) I have been using 2x4 plates, turntables, and a solid base-brick and a hair-drier with limited success. It would seem the plastic is a bit brittle from years of disuse. (16 years ago, 28-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hopper car model

I think ldraw.org has been toying around with the idea of hosting a model repository. I'm not sure if this applies only to official sets, or MOCs as well. It's also a long way away from going live. -Mike (16 years ago, 28-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) (URL) (16 years ago, 24-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Reshaping 4.5v track

(...) You might want to check out Ross Neal's 3 stud wide solution... (URL) post pictures if you make something work. Benn (16 years ago, 24-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hopper car model

(...) You can also post it to the RailBricks gallery. Russell (16 years ago, 23-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hopper car model

(...) In addition to the places you mentions, the (URL) site allows you to set up a gallery. There's a lot of cross-over between forums, but that site is also beginning to pick up some users who are new to the hobby. -Elroy (who'll probably build a (...) (16 years ago, 23-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Reshaping 4.5v track

(...) I’ve had some success using a heat gun although you have to monitor the temperature extremely closely. You could also try making small cuts on the inside of the curve rails, but i've never tried this method myself. ondrew (16 years ago, 23-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Hopper car model

A few months back I designed a (URL) train car: (URL) And recently I built LDraw instructions for it and published them online. What's the best way to share them? I put the CAD file (URL) on my blog> and on Flickr (as a comment under the (URL) 3D (...) (16 years ago, 23-Dec-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) (URL) (16 years ago, 23-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Reshaping 4.5v track

I am wanting to use my old 4.5v tracks for a narrow gauge train that will be 4 studs wide. Obviously the straight track is fine, but it is the curve track that is giving me some bother. Can anyone suggest a solution? (16 years ago, 23-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  What I want for Christmas

If LEGO granted Christmas wishes, I would have to ask for: 1) 5.5 length technic axle - so my train wheels don't fall off anymore 2) modular train railing system - so I don't have to cut any more hose and the awkward use of minifig hands 3) train (...) (16 years ago, 22-Dec-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Western Train with instructions

--snip-- (...) Oh dear. I started to build one and found a fairly big mistake... The front set of big wheels must be replaced by a set of BBB unflanged wheels. The yellow domes must be attached on a top corner, not in the middle. I'll update the (...) (16 years ago, 20-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Santa and his Reindeer

A few years ago I put LEGO train tracks around my son's roof towards the ceiling. This year, I made a team of reindeer and a sleigh to run around the tracks. The Santa is an old LEGO set, but the reindeer and sleigh are MOC. I'm not completely (...) (16 years ago, 19-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun.holiday, FTX)

  Seasonal Community Spirit

Maybe the time of year has something to do with it, but I must confess to have been moved by the generosity of a few talented builders lately. Seperately, we’ve seen (URL) Eric Sophie>, (URL) Tim Gould> and (URL) Mark Neumann> sharing not only their (...) (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst, lugnet.people, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad, lugnet.western, FTX) !!

  Re: Western Train with instructions

(...) The final two stages are now up (URL) Loco and tender - (URL) (as (URL)) Passenger - (URL) ((URL)) Lumber- (URL) ((URL)) Boxcar - (URL) ((URL)) Caboose - (URL) ((URL)) Please note I've also resubmitted instructions for the Loco (and boxcar and (...) (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Western Train with instructions

(...) Ahhh I found them. The original loco and the last two. I must have accidentally switched LPub across to a different setting before doing (and redoing in the case of the loco) the instructions. Newer versions will be uploaded. Tim (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Western Train with instructions

(...) So do I but going back to the original issue which instructions are using the black edgelines? Tim (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Western Train with instructions

(...) I agree fully with Philo's thoughts about the "Always black" edgelines. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Western Train with instructions

(...) I always considered that "Always black" was unusable since dark colors were illegible. So for me the answer is yes. I would be tempted to push the threshold further: even if there is enough contrast on screen, it could be insufficient in (...) (16 years ago, 16-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact