 Trains / 30598 (-20)
  Re: Train Layout Modules

Pneumatic points, nice one Mark, well played. (16 years ago, 7-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Malkara 2008

It was a few months ago but the Bodville layout was at Malkara again this year and I finally got around to hosting some photo's. They are now on the Bodville (mostly trains) website in the layouts section. (URL) The 2008 Malkara Layout used this (...) (16 years ago, 7-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Modules - IR Train Wheel Grip?

(...) There's no easy way to get tyres off to transfer them. Best bet is to jab a scalpel blade into the IR wheels to get their tyres off, then slip on a LEGO white rubber band instead. It improves the grip up to what you'd expect from a 9V motor (...) (16 years ago, 6-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) Great News! Even if you don't plan to go OpenSource please do provide information for the file formats of the layout files and the parts library. I guess this is where it is most needed and people are most willing to work on. Opening the (...) (16 years ago, 3-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Train Layout Modules - IR Train Wheel Grip?

(...) For the time being I'll be running 9V trains on the main lines, which will also be OK in the yard road nearest the main lines. That road also functions as an exchange siding, where I'll swap from a main line engine to a shunter. For the time (...) (16 years ago, 1-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Modules

Did you electrify the cross-over, or are you use two motors either end connected? (16 years ago, 1-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Layout Modules

After some intensive building over the last 2 weeks I have completed 20 modules of a new 8mm scale British railway layout to a reasonable standard. The layout features track slopes of up to 1 in 30, varying by 0.5 plate/12 stud length. All the (...) (16 years ago, 1-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  10-piece 3-way LEGO Train Switch set 9v ONE OF A KIND!

10-piece 3-way LEGO Train Switch set 9v ONE OF A KIND! Up for bid is a 10 piece 3-way LEGO Train Switch set. This is by far the most useful and unique set of parts I have ever made. If you are into building highly complex LEGO Train layouts this is (...) (16 years ago, 28-Nov-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Oil Tanker

(...) I have a few of them and have been trying different ways to make them look sensible as a railway tanker, I hadn't thought of using tiles and inverting them though The current design is: (URL) Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk) irc: (...) (16 years ago, 22-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Kuranda Scenic Rail Rake

(6 URLs) BS gallery> Hi all, Some of you may remember seeing my QR 1720 class loco (URL) posted here> in CAD and brick form. I've always had a goal of designing (URL) the rake> for it and finally found the time, ideas and bricks to make it reality. (...) (16 years ago, 21-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: "Coffee Pot" steam railcar & carriage

(...) Yeah, I really like how the walls look like painted wood slats. (16 years ago, 20-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "Coffee Pot" steam railcar & carriage

(...) ::snip:: Very nice, Richie, and quite a unique style of building. The snotted sides give everything a great wooden look. Thanks for sharing with us! -Jordan Schwarz (16 years ago, 20-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: N&W J-class steam locomotive

(...) Hi Benn, Thank YOU for your kind words also :) I know what you mean about the hand rails being disproportinately large, what I've started using now rather than normal tubing is technic flex rod, it gives a more proportionate / scale look. Carl (16 years ago, 20-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: N&W J-class steam locomotive

(...) Thank you for the kind words. As I mentioned, watch RB for photos showing the drivers without the engine in the way. After seeing (URL) your 9F>, it looks like I've left out about half of the feasible detailing on the drivers alone. I want to (...) (16 years ago, 20-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  "Coffee Pot" steam railcar & carriage

I’ve long been a fan of the Coffee Pot narrow gauge steam railcar, running on the South Australian Narrow Gauge, and now part of the (URL) Pichi Richi Railway> in (URL) Quorn>. I understand that the Coffee Pot is no longer running, but has been, (...) (16 years ago, 19-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: N&W J-class steam locomotive

(...) I have to say, this looks pretty slick, I bet it looks fantastic in action. Clever work of the floating assembly of the fixed valve gear to drive wheels, I know that space is WAY tight! well done :) You really need some side hand rails along (...) (16 years ago, 19-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Post your bogie/truck designs

(...) (URL) Here's one. It's an NA pasenger truck. The MPD and 2 axel varients are in my brickshelf folder: (URL) Bothe end axels "float". But changing it to a single end floating works fine as well. And you could replace a 2x2 end tile withe a (...) (16 years ago, 17-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: N&W J-class steam locomotive

(...) ... (...) And thank you Tony, like Cale you are too kind. The cylinders are rigidly fixed with the drivers (well, there's a little slop), so the whole unit rotates together. The hard part was making it small and sturdy. The end result works, (...) (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: N&W J-class steam locomotive

(...) ... (...) Thank you Cale, you're too kind. I just wish I was at BW long enough to get a decent photo of our two N&W engines side by side. Indeed, I plan on featuring shots of the running gear off of the locomotive in the forthcoming RB (...) (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

(...) The review might have been a little too dead pan if the folks at Lego lurking these dark halls take it seriously. I suspect it was purely SKU's, since most children getting the set would already have a small oval in hand, a ton of curves (...) (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact