 Trains / 30589
30588  |  30590
Subject:
Kuranda Scenic Rail Rake
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 02:32:04 GMT

BS gallery

Hi all,

Some of you may remember seeing my QR 1720 class loco posted here in CAD and brick form. I’ve always had a goal of designing the rake for it and finally found the time, ideas and bricks to make it reality.

I decided to make it a PFS compatible with the power source, IR reciever and motor in the lead car. This also allowed me to make use of my recent experiment with technic based bogies to give the loco the correct number of axles. At present it will work on powered or unpowered track.

I’ve also discovered that taking a decent picture of a full rake is really hard. I’ll keep trying to get better shots.

Any comments, criticism or suggestions are welcome.

Tim