 Trains / 30563 (-100)
  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) Although Mono make it possible to run .NET application over Linux (without wine), currently Mono fully support only .NET version 2 while microsoft already have .NET 3.x and .NET 4 comming soon if not already available. Mono will always be (...) (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

(...) I will add that if you want buy only straight rails, you get a free extra of 8 curved rails (the inverse is also true). That's a big deal ! Spotlighted Erik (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

(...) It is not that difficult to modify the tracks to supply 9v to the motor. Most electronic stores carry some form on conductive adhesive. (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

(...) --snip-- (...) This review is a real asset to the community. Spotlighted! Thanks for sharing. Tim (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

RATINGS (Scale: Must-Have Excellent Very-Good Good Fair Poor) Set: Excellent Models: Fair Playability: Poor DECALS? No. SPECIAL FEATURES/COMPATIBILITY Trains - 9V (but not the old fashioned kind that need metal track) SET DESCRIPTION This set is (...) (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) My understanding is that the new Wine supports the .NET framework using MONO (open source implementation of nearly all of .NET). I think it is older programs, and game-like programs (like LEGO's designer) that it has trouble with. -Chris Gray (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Working Container Crane

(...) Lewis, My camera is capable of full-screen video, and I should be able to burn a copy of the .avi video onto a CD/DVD for you. Scott (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) It is indeed written using MFC, which it makes extensive use of for the GUI. Porting it to another platform would take considerable effort. I think what I'm going to do first is get the source code into a package I can release (and archive!) (...) (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Working Container Crane

(...) Cool Lewis! Now I want to see some details of the electromagnet and how you got it working :) (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) What about (URL) BlueBrick>, as discussed in (URL) #3>? Might be good to coordinate efforts. Benn (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Working Container Crane

Finally got it working! I just finished a working container crane. It uses a nxt, three motors, a light sensor and a electromagnet. (yes it is not completely pure) The crane will randomly choose a container from the ship and more it to a randomly (...) (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) If Matt or someonelse rewrite the code (open sourced or not) I would suggest to use a framework that is available to most of the OS like Qt or GTk. That way it would be really easy to port to all OS not just the most known. Wine is working (...) (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) Given the reports that its using MFC, it would be easier to rewrite a new version from scratch than to port the existing one. (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) For me, the great think about Track Designer is that it runs just fine under the Wine Windows emulator. I've used it that way under my X86-64 Linux machine for several layouts, including working on NALUG layouts for train shows. I've never (...) (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) Open the source code! My guess is that's the best thing which can be done. Set up a open source project, and even if nobody contributes immediately, maybe a day... and of course you can still develop it (and the source code will never be lost (...) (16 years ago, 5-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) Well, back when I was searching high and low for it, we wanted to intigrate the source in with visual basic to control our switching and such on the layout. Its great that you've found this gem even if it was 5 years later. I still have a (...) (16 years ago, 5-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) Now I'm debating whether I should do some development on it myself or let someone else do it or open it up for collaborative development. I have been able to compile it but only with an older version of Visual C++ (version 4.0). Plus I have (...) (16 years ago, 5-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) That is great news, Track Designer is very useful, I use it all the time when I do a LEGO train show as I have a different layout for each show. It still works very well but it would be nice to see a few enhancements. David (16 years ago, 5-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...

(...) I've been looking for a backup copy for years. I'd thought I'd lost the source when the hard drive crashed on an old laptop. I spent ages trying to find a backup copy or a copy in an email archive (because I'm sure I sent it to someone once). (...) (16 years ago, 5-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Beating up, kicking, and verbally abusing an old dead rotted horse...