 Trains / 30513 (-20)
  First Train Show?

I'm not sure if anyone who's still around is going to know the answer to this (or if there even WILL be a good answer to this), but when was the first hobbyist-run LEGO layout displayed at a train show? So far, I was able to spot this thread on RTL: (...) (16 years ago, 17-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spent Nuclear Fuel Shipping Cask Rolling Stock

Before I even saw the pictures of your MOC, I thought: "I hope he built the fuel rods out of trans neon-green." You didn't disappoint! Thank you! :^) (16 years ago, 16-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  5th Annual "Living LEGO-cy" Christmas Show

Museum of American Heritage 351 Homer Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94301 Schedule: Show Hours: Friday-Sunday 11am-4pm Monday-Thursday closed Admission: Donation We are pleased to announce that our 5th Annual "Living LEGO-cy" Christmas show will be on (...) (16 years ago, 16-Oct-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.sacbb)

  Michiana-LTC at SJVRR Swap Meet - Sunday, October 19

To all, The Michiana LEGO Train Club is pleased to display at the upcoming SJVRR Swap Meet on Sunday, October 16. Time: 10:00AM - 3:00PM CST Address: Elks lodge 3535 East McKinley Avenue South Bend, Indiana 46615 Admission: Individual $4 Families $8 (...) (16 years ago, 16-Oct-08, to lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train

This is very smartly done. Couple of points to note though: 1. This would mean a compromise on details inside the engine/car that will power the train. Most of the space will be taken up by the battery and the motors. 2. Wonder how long the battery (...) (16 years ago, 15-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spent Nuclear Fuel Shipping Cask Rolling Stock

A unique concept and well executed! Great work. I like the simplicity of the design you chose to model something so complex! God Bless, Nathan (16 years ago, 15-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Blue Train

(...) I had it while building, but then I was doing a lot around the wheels. I must say I haven't run the train a lot since it was done (and new paint put), but so far there is no problem. (...) Yes, LokSound is a DCC decoder (and a good one in my (...) (16 years ago, 15-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Blue Train

(...) The pictures are great and so are the coaches :) Thats interesting about the pilot marker, only this week have I been experimenting with one for the wheels of the Flying Scotsman I'm currently building and found it to get rubbed off very (...) (16 years ago, 14-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: The Blue Train

(...) Thanks to everyone for the comments. I've now uploaded more pictures of the engine and cars (both original cars and the model) to (URL) MOCpages>. The lights are now also installed (the white LEDs are powerful), powered by a LokSound decoder (...) (16 years ago, 14-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hobby Train

(...) If I may submit the power of one small Power Functions motor: (URL) a design dreamed up by "Swoofty", which I call the Franken-Swoofty. One small power functions motor is pulling all 6 cars from the official LEGO Santa Fe Super Chief consist. (...) (16 years ago, 14-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train

(...) I've heard tales that the rechargeable NXT batteries don't deliver as much punch as alkaline cells, so I would expect similar with rechargeable train batteries. If so, 8 wide will be tough (heck, it is tough enough to pull 8-wide with track (...) (16 years ago, 14-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spent Nuclear Fuel Shipping Cask Rolling Stock

Very cool model! I can't help but see the second picture as the reslt after the crash test. Maybe some minifigs panicking? For scale. (16 years ago, 14-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Spent Nuclear Fuel Shipping Cask Rolling Stock

I have always had a fascination with nuclear power and anything related to it. I still firmly believe that nuclear power is one of the cleanest and most efficient methods of producing mass amounts of power and I sincerely hope that we continue to (...) (16 years ago, 13-Oct-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Photos of the SLTC at the 2008 AMRA Exhibition

In lugnet.loc.au, Braith Garden wrote: -- snip! -- (...) Thanks Braith, we did have fun! As I remember during the show, one of the common questions I was asked by kids and adults alike was "What is that blue building?", to which I would (nearly (...) (16 years ago, 12-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Photos of the SLTC at the 2008 AMRA Exhibition

(...) Thanks Braith :^) The blue tower started out as a space station for a planned Brikwars event, but wasn't finished in time. It was built in Insectoid colours and uses curved track to form the ring. What better use for a space station, than to (...) (16 years ago, 12-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hobby Train

(...) The problem with this is that it doesn't really work with a switching layout where the locomotive often needs to move on its own. I agree that its a good solution for a public display that runs in loops though. On the positive side for me, my (...) (16 years ago, 11-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos of the SLTC at the 2008 AMRA Exhibition

(...) Great work SLTC! An impressive layout and congratulations on your win. That blue tower is a work of art. Hope you all had fun. Cheers, Braith. (16 years ago, 11-Oct-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hobby Train

--snip-- (...) --snip-- (...) Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like you're reading the absence of these things as evidence to the contrary. We haven't seen new passenger or cargo wagons for many years and I doubt we'll see them anytime soon unless (...) (16 years ago, 11-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train

(...) This is one of the reasons I would have preferred for TLG to continue producing the 9volt system until at least there was a 'working' PF system. Our club continues doing train displays including this Sunday and the next two Sundays. We do our (...) (16 years ago, 11-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train

(...) Hummm... you would think that a set "truly aimed at the AFOL community" would have the real power of powered track. :( But I'll cross my fingers that the Power Functions really will have a battery small enough to fit in an engine (cause I (...) (16 years ago, 11-Oct-08, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact