 Trains / 30492
30491  |  30493
Subject:
Soo Line FP7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:29:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Continuing with my series of Soo Line locomotives, I present an FP7 in the older maroon and yellow scheme. I had to borrow Benn Coifman’s technique of using cheese slopes for the nose since 1x3 arches aren’t available in dark red. I personally prefer this technique to using 1x3 arches because it allows for much more color scheme possibilities. For the roof I wanted the exhaust stacks and fans to sit flush so I chose to use 6091 on its side. This is also useful because 2x3 curved bricks weren’t available in significant quantities in dark red when I made the model. But because of the SNOT from having the grilles and curved bricks on their sides, I couldn’t use 1x4 arches to make the portholes. I chose to, again, enlist the help of Benn and he printed out some of his excellent decals. They really put the finishing touches on the model. Anyways, here are the Flickr and Brickshelf galleries. Once the latter is public, of course.