 Trains / 30464
  BR 9F steam engine

Thought I'd post this up as dont see many U.K steamers on here. It was originally built for a forthcoming show, and was intended to be the "Evening Star", but lack of availability for many of the parts in dark green has led to it being built in (...) (16 years ago, 25-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: BR 9F steam engine

Awesome steam engine! Standout bits in my opinion are the lantern design and the brown bits scattered about. Nice attention to lighting details too! -Stefan- (16 years ago, 25-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: BR 9F steam engine

(...) Carl, this has to be the best Lego steam engine I have ever seen (and six-wide to boot!). There are just too many details to point out. Great work! (16 years ago, 27-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: BR 9F steam engine

(...) Thanks for the comments guys....the main body and tender are actually 7 wide, it reduces to 6 (not including valve gear) at the front. Matt, I've also been pointed towards a nice review today done by yourself,thank you :) (16 years ago, 29-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: BR 9F steam engine

(...) You're welcome! I really can't emphasize how much I love this MOC. It inspires me to build steam but at the same time I am discouraged because you've set the bar so high. And shortly after making my post I realized that it is indeed 7 wide, (...) (16 years ago, 30-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, FTX)