 Trains / 30463 (-20)
  Re: Chemical Tanker Cars - Rolling Stock

(...) Hi Dave, Pretty good! Some of the better looking tankers I've seen. I've always wanted to build tankers myself, and even tried a couple times, but I have always been frustrated by the fact that LEGO never produced cylindrical parts with the (...) (16 years ago, 24-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Chemical Tanker Cars - Rolling Stock

Hello again everyone! I finally got around to taking pictures of a lot of the MOC's I built this spring and summer for the two shows we did this year. This MOC is a few tanker cars I built based off of a design by James Mathis. The design is (...) (16 years ago, 24-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My Train Yard...

(...) Very impressive, Mark. I don't have the patience or the bricks to multiply my freight cars that many time. (16 years ago, 22-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My Train Yard...

(...) That my friend...is a lot of rolling stock. Very cool and thanks for sharing. -Dave ToT-LUG (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  My Train Yard...

(URL) (16 years ago, 21-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Is there a reference site on motorized switchs

(...) Try these. There is some good information on all of them. (URL) FreeLUG Article on Motorized Points> (URL) Automated 9V Switch> (URL) Mark Riley's Solution> Good luck and happy building! -Dave ToT-LUG (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Is there a reference site on motorized switchs

I thought I had found one once, but then seem to have lost track of it, HELP!! (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT

quite neat. I hope you can figure out the correct switching delays for the micromotor. Do you think this technique could be used to make a monorail level crossing ? Steve (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  ATSF Piggy-Back Service (Flatbed w/Truck Trailer) MOC

Here's my latest train MOC. This is an ATSF Piggy-Back Service train... (2 URLs) Here's the model it was based on: (URL) Mark (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New Red Chemical Car

I managed to snag some rare dark red brick from a grab bag at the local Lego store. The dark red pieces are from set 7665 (Republic Cruiser). I then combined them with some extra train parts and you get what you see below. The end result was this (...) (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT

That is an excellent system for controlling train crossings. I love that it is all above the baseplates and only uses one motor for both crossings. I have two suggestions for the motor timing on raising and lowering of the gates: 1) Use a Technic (...) (16 years ago, 6-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains, Car and Level Crossing Automatic Control System

(URL) (16 years ago, 6-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Trains, Car and Level Crossing Automatic Control System

This system is used 4 RCXs to control 2 trains, 1 car and 1 level crossing. RCX1 is used to control 3 switch points and response 3 light sensors. RCX2 is used to control 3 segments track and response 2 light sensors. RCX3 is used to control level (...) (16 years ago, 6-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos) !

  Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT

(...) break at some point, but you seem to have a pretty good system there. (...) Actually, I think you could do this at least partially with a single sensor. If the train is running at a fixed speed, you can have the program figure that speed out (...) (16 years ago, 5-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Automated Level Crossing using NXT

Hey, Here's my go at an automated level crossing using NXT. All pictures in this (URL) folder>. Two movies on YouTube: (URL) Movie 1> (Entire setup) (URL) Movie 2> (Zoom on level crossing) (URL) Here's how it works: The train passes the (URL) (...) (16 years ago, 4-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New part in crane set

I was mulling these new parts over while walking to work today: (URL) I was muttering to myself about them being yellow but then I thought they might be good for a spine car or the inside bottom of a container car? (I don't know the exact (...) (16 years ago, 27-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: My NEW Rio Grande Grain Hopper. Design #2.

(...) Thanks, Matt. The real tricky part about it is in connecting the 2x3 slope on it's side. Because of the way it must be done, I originally ended up with a slot/gap between the top of the 2x3 slope and the brick above it. The slot/gap was about (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Train Display At BrickFair

(URL) Hey All, If you have registered a Train/Town MOC for BrickFair, or are still planning to register a Train/Town MOC for BrickFair - and you are bringing it on Thursday or early on Friday, it WILL go in the display. I’m going to try to have just (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My NEW Rio Grande Grain Hopper. Design #2.

(...) Great work, Mark. I like how you used the 2x3 slopes in the middle. I may have to steal that in the future. (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My NEW Rio Grande Grain Hopper. Design #2.

(...) Nicely done! Chris (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact