 Trains / 30453 (-20)
  Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT

That is an excellent system for controlling train crossings. I love that it is all above the baseplates and only uses one motor for both crossings. I have two suggestions for the motor timing on raising and lowering of the gates: 1) Use a Technic (...) (16 years ago, 6-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Trains, Car and Level Crossing Automatic Control System

(URL) (16 years ago, 6-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Trains, Car and Level Crossing Automatic Control System

This system is used 4 RCXs to control 2 trains, 1 car and 1 level crossing. RCX1 is used to control 3 switch points and response 3 light sensors. RCX2 is used to control 3 segments track and response 2 light sensors. RCX3 is used to control level (...) (16 years ago, 6-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos) !

  Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT

(...) break at some point, but you seem to have a pretty good system there. (...) Actually, I think you could do this at least partially with a single sensor. If the train is running at a fixed speed, you can have the program figure that speed out (...) (16 years ago, 5-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Automated Level Crossing using NXT

Hey, Here's my go at an automated level crossing using NXT. All pictures in this (URL) folder>. Two movies on YouTube: (URL) Movie 1> (Entire setup) (URL) Movie 2> (Zoom on level crossing) (URL) Here's how it works: The train passes the (URL) (...) (16 years ago, 4-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New part in crane set

I was mulling these new parts over while walking to work today: (URL) I was muttering to myself about them being yellow but then I thought they might be good for a spine car or the inside bottom of a container car? (I don't know the exact (...) (16 years ago, 27-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: My NEW Rio Grande Grain Hopper. Design #2.

(...) Thanks, Matt. The real tricky part about it is in connecting the 2x3 slope on it's side. Because of the way it must be done, I originally ended up with a slot/gap between the top of the 2x3 slope and the brick above it. The slot/gap was about (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Train Display At BrickFair

(URL) Hey All, If you have registered a Train/Town MOC for BrickFair, or are still planning to register a Train/Town MOC for BrickFair - and you are bringing it on Thursday or early on Friday, it WILL go in the display. I’m going to try to have just (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My NEW Rio Grande Grain Hopper. Design #2.

(...) Great work, Mark. I like how you used the 2x3 slopes in the middle. I may have to steal that in the future. (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My NEW Rio Grande Grain Hopper. Design #2.

(...) Nicely done! Chris (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Wireless Power for LEGO Trains?

I know this is a long way off (think 2050) but, on Thursday, Intel revealed prototypes of a new wireless power supply. If this ever comes to market, think of the possibilities! Battery powered LEGO Trains that never need to be charged! NXT bricks (...) (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: C&O BL2

(...) Thanks Cale, I was just lucky that TLG made the dark blue half arch for the nose. (...) That was a cool walk through, I've been through f-units before but never a BL2. Interesting to see just how they worked out the spacing, etc. With the (...) (16 years ago, 20-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  My NEW Rio Grande Grain Hopper. Design #2.

Okay, I really like this design the best! It took a good day to hammer out the design, but I think I was more impressed with this finished MOC then with any other MOC I've done. It had some rough spots that had me REALY scratching my head, but in (...) (16 years ago, 19-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Rio Grande Grain Hopper & Santa Fe Freight Car MOCs

(...) Hi Ludo, Sorry to not write back sooner, but I've been away. I greated the stickers myself. I use art software and a deskjet printer with crystal clear mailing labels. It's quite a bit of work cutting them out, but it's worth it when the train (...) (16 years ago, 19-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: C&O BL2

(...) Wow! Such a nice model of a curvy, angular locomotive. Not an easy thing to do. And the C&O colors look awesome. Speaking of BL2s I stumbled across this (URL) Walk through> of Bangor & Aroostook BL2 #557 while surfing one of my favorite (URL) (...) (16 years ago, 17-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  C&O BL2

I'm still backlogged on posting my new train MOCs, I'll put up some dedicated pictures of my N&W J and car set as soon as I can get some good pictures. In the mean time, I just finished up a C&O BL2 in time for the latest COLTC show. (URL) Full (...) (16 years ago, 16-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Request for 7750 sticker scan

(...) I still didn't find an answer, so is there no one that has that particular logo as a scan?! (16 years ago, 15-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Rio Grande Grain Hopper & Santa Fe Freight Car MOCs

(...) Verry nice done. Where did you get those decals, because this is an added value for the MOC's. Regards, Ludo (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LEGOdometer

(...) I ran my VB program and came up with the following: 7 x 20:36 7 x 16:24 which produces an error of 0.991 meters per kilometer. Of course, packaging that many gears is probably a bit challenging ... but I'll bet you can do it ;) (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Request for 7750 sticker scan

(...) I just found out that the 7730 has those stickers too. (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact