 Trains / 30442
Re: C&O BL2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 04:28:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cale Leiphart wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:
   I just finished up a C&O BL2 in time for the latest COLTC show.

Full Gallery

Wow! Such a nice model of a curvy, angular locomotive. Not an easy thing to do. And the C&O colors look awesome.

Thanks Cale, I was just lucky that TLG made the dark blue half arch for the nose.

   Speaking of BL2s I stumbled across this Walk through of Bangor & Aroostook BL2 #557 while surfing one of my favorite Rail sites today. They were certainly odd ducks.

That was a cool walk through, I’ve been through f-units before but never a BL2. Interesting to see just how they worked out the spacing, etc. With the tight space in the long hood due to the ledge, I can see why the BL series never caught on.

And thanks for the link to RyPN, good to see R&LP continuing on.

Benn