 Trains / 30346

Subject:
Maryland & Pennsylvania RR 700 series Box Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 00:50:49 GMT

Ma & Pa 700 series Box Cars

The Ma & Pa built these cars in the late 1920s using parts from previous cars. These wooden truss rod cars served the railroad for many years with a few lasting into the early 60’s long after other railroads would have scraped them for more modern equipment. Cars #713 and #723 are now preserved at the Strasburg Railroad and car #727 is preserved by the Williams Grove Historical Steam Engine Association. Car #729 is the lone box car in Jim Gallagher’s famous November 10, 1955 photo of one of the Ma & Pa’s last steam powered freight trains.

Brickshelf Gallery

The train layout in the background was graciously provided by the Twin Cities LEGO Train Club at Brickworld 2008.

Feedback and Questions are always welcome.

Cale

Re: Maryland & Pennsylvania RR 700 series Box Cars
The Ma & Pa built these cars in the late 1920s using parts from previous cars. These wooden truss rod cars served the railroad for many years with a few lasting into the early 60’s long after other railroads would have scraped them for more modern equipment. Cars #713 and #723 are now preserved at the Strasburg Railroad and car #727 is preserved by the Williams Grove Historical Steam Engine Association. Car #729 is the lone box car in Jim Gallagher’s famous November 10, 1955 photo of one of the Ma & Pa’s last steam powered freight trains.

Okay, Cale, you simply must be stopped. You are making the rest of us look like hacks. Wouldn’t a little dark ages feel good right now? Say for the next eight years so that we could catch up to you? Seriously though, very nice detailing, all the way down to the foot steps. Keep up the good work and I have already started to embrace my inner hack (grin).

Benn