 Trains / 30192
  San Diego Coaster train

The San Diego Coaster. (URL) After moderation (URL) The engine is a F40PH-2C, and the cars are Bi-level coaches by Bombardier. It's been modeled before, but I wanted to use a more accurate color (dark turquoise ) and build longer cars. The train was (...) (16 years ago, 4-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: San Diego Coaster train

(...) My hero ;-) But there are 5 carriages, not 3! I ride this every day to work, and I've been wondering how on earth to turn it into a MoC (which I'm terrible at in any case). I just wonder if you modeled the interiors differently - there are (...) (16 years ago, 5-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: San Diego Coaster train

(...) Thanks Peter, seeing images of James' design really went a long way. He didn't have instructions when I built mine, and I never did look at the Ldraw files, but reverse engineering was half the fun. He got to see it in Portland last year, and (...) (16 years ago, 5-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: San Diego Coaster train

(...) Awesome job Mathew! The color scheme turned out great and is instantly recognizable. I hope I'll get to see the MOC in person at the NMRA show this summer. (16 years ago, 7-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: San Diego Coaster train

(...) Thanks John, I plan to bring it and a SD Sprinter (URL), along with a few other California specific trains to the NMRA show. They still need decals (16 years ago, 8-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: San Diego Coaster train

Just an update. I got to run my SD Coaster train at the NMRA 2008 show. What a blast. But even more fun for me was seeing Swoofty's Metrolink version. Seems he never saw James Mathis version, and he based his on mine. I also got a chance to run my (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains)