 Trains / 30018
Re: 4.5 / 12 Gray Rail Variations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:47:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Wayne Jackson wrote:
Michael Marshall wrote:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2977544>
This is a picture I took with a variation of these 2 parts

There are apparently 2 slightly different molds of these 2 parts,
I think I knew this before but had forgot about it until today.

One type has an extra notch that let you connect a 2 studs to the end of the
rail without warping it.

Anyone have an idea what train sets had what kinds, where they different based
on 12v / 4.5v or did they just change them after a certain year? Any ideas?
In my collection the Notched kind are much rarer.
Perhaps they only where sold from Germany?

Thanks for your help,
Michael

Wouldn't those notches be used for the wires to the conductive rails?

No, not if you look at the picture.
I've either only got one type or never noticed the difference myself.

Tim