 Trains / 28868
    Re: 9v Motor Placement Help —Ross Crawford
   (...) With 7 cars, I think 2 motors is plenty, I'd leave the B motorless. When pulling a longer train, it can be necessary to add a motor in the middle of the train, because the magnets just aren't strong enough to pull a long train (yes there are (...) (18 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: 9v Motor Placement Help —Jason J Railton
   (...) Two motors should pull that train comfortably, so long as all the wheels are rolling freely. I'd put one each on the first two units. A third motor would be an advantage if your layout has lots of turns. When adding a third motor, it's a good (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: 9v Motor Placement Help —Benn Coifman
   (...) You could also put two motors under one of the A units (I did that with my CNW f-unit, though I can't find any good pictures to prove it). I've pulled over 30 cars with the normal LEGO magnets, but it is pushing the limit of their strength. (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)