 Trains / 288
Re: New, bigger, and at least one wacko train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:41:34 GMT

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ...

The PNLTC site has been down.  Need to get your fix of new, innovative Lego
train models?  Check out the new pics on my page:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/1857/benspage.htm

New:   SP&S 700 4-8-4 Steam Engine

Very impressive Ben! Seeing pictures like this really makes me want to build
trains again (have been preoccupied with programming Mind Control lately,
not to mention disturbances like a day time job and not having your LEGO
around).

Too bad the pictures are fuzzy though!

We really need large train wheels. The Model Team wheels look good, but as
you point out, they tend to point out.

Bigger: A 16 stud wide radio control 2-6-0 Steamer

Very good idea, but als the wheels can't be replaced. I really dislike the
ridiculous look of trains with tires, like you see in some amusement parks.
On the other hand, in history there were trains with rubber tires running on
tracks. (E.g. French Michelin rail cars - James, have a look in your Marklin
catalog :-).

Wacko: The dodecapede insectoid train, it slithers through the curves.

This is sheer Hillaryous (I know that's incorrect spelling). Looks great, is
fun and makes good use of the centipede character of Insectoid design and
transforms the normally depressing amount of curved tracks into an asset!
TLG should have done this for a bestseller! (Although most adult LEGO train
nuts would ofcourse disapprove.... :-)  )

Eric Brok
Visit LEGO ON MY MIND:
http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind
Mindstorms/Mind Control section: