 Trains / 28738 (-20)
  Re: 6 wide Cab Forward 4-8-8-4 Steam Loco

(...) This is truly a stunning achievement. I saw a preliminary version of this a couple of weeks ago and was quite amazed. I'm looking forward to seeing it run around the track at a show. Spotlighted. --Bill. (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BR 365 - A German locomotive

--snip-- (...) Hmmm... and yet I know your name "McBricker" from some MOC I was looking at some time ago... have you been using the BR365 as a signature picture? I'm confused. Tim (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR 365 - A German locomotive

Hi Tim! (...) Thanks a lot! I know your locomotives, so I'm really proud of your praise. (...) You can't, that is the one and only I ever built. ;-) Regards, Barbara (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BR 365 - A German locomotive

Hi Tim! (...) Thanks a lot! I know your locomotives, so I'm really proud of your praise. (...) You can't, that is the one and only I ever build. ;-) Regards, Barbara (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) If I’m reading this right your suggesting changing the track system in it's entirety and replacing it with something similar to HO flex track. While in theory this is a sound idea it has 1 major flaw, children. Lego after all is a children’s (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) A 9V track solution... I have been wondering about the problem of the 9V track myself. As I understand it, putting the metal on the track is very expensive for LEGO. And for some other company to build metal track to this gauge, they would (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Trains: Northern Pacific GP9, triple combine and caboose

(URL) Hello world... I've posted my photos quietly so far, I thought it was time to give a little back-story and highlight features. I've recently uploaded my take on the Northern Pacific (NP), ca 1960. For the full gallery, see: (URL) Full Gallery> (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  New! Trolley Redeux (Pics)

As I mentioned (URL) here>, I have revisited my original (URL), and have made VAST improves to it (actually, it ended up being a complete rebuild). (URL) Cut to the chase pics here> Revisiting MOCs is something I rarely, if ever, do. Heck, I often (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, FTX) !

  Re: BR 365 - A German locomotive

(...) Hey Barbara, Excellent work on the train. In some ways what I like about this even more than the wonderfully detailed engine is the presentation. The lego gravel and plants next to the track really make you feel like you're looking at a model (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  6 wide Cab Forward 4-8-8-4 Steam Loco

Here is my version of a Cab Forward 4-8-8-4. My goal was to make a 6 wide one with working pistons and rods. Hopefully it would go around our BayLTC Layouts and maybe through points. Our tracks run four studs from the sneeze guards and eight studs (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Canadian National ES44DC in 7-wide

(...) Hi Paul, (...) Thanks. --snip-- (...) Not at all. The face of any loco is usually the first thing I start with. In this case I started with the nose and maybe I... cut off the nose to spite the face... sorry, couldn't resisit. (...) I think (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Canadian National ES44DC in 7-wide

(...) Hi Tim, This is great! I'm always happy to see you turn your talent on a North American locomotive. All of your work is great, I'm just a big NA freight fan, so I get extra excited about that stuff. I agree the nose on these wide-cab GE units (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Canadian National ES44DC in 7-wide

(...) That is pretty sweet, Tim. The nose looks fantastic. 7 Wide feels right here as well. (...) I do. It is another fabulous MOC from you. I think I just might attempt to build one for myself. Best, Jonathan (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains

(...) I found Spencer a poor substitute, considering that Mallard was featured in the original books, in the story of Thomas' visit to the National Railway Museum in York, UK. Yes, there were A4s in silver streamlined livery, but the name could have (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch

(...) Maybe also use the pin holes to build an internal spiral? Lift the balls up like concrete in a concrete mixer. ROSCO (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hypothetically speaking? the future of IR/RC trains

(...) Non-LEGO model railroaders have been scratch building power trains for decades. We should be able to come up with motored wheels and power pic-up (probably based on DCC). The big problem is the track. I think it will be possible to put metal (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Canadian National ES44DC in 7-wide

(2 URLs) BS> (URL) Flickr> Hi all, Back with another American loco. Was going to do a Dash-9 but figured I might as well be environmentally friendly and try its successor instead. I've always wanted to to do the nose bonnet of these with the proper (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) You could put a technic 1x1 brick with pin behind the headlight bricks to add some security. Not behind each one but maybe every other one or two (or five)? I did that on this firehouse from 4 or 5 years ago. (URL) I didn't go as high with the (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Thomas Duplo Trains

(...) I don't understand your (plural) objections. To take an example: there seems to be an objection to Spencer but he is based on (URL) Mallard> a real engine on a real railway from 1938 - 1963. That would teach that steam engines continued to (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tunnel Mouth / Bridge Arch

(...) 34 or more of them can be bent into a complete circle with the treads facing in this way (the circle maintains near circularity up to about 40-45 links, depending on how floppy you want it). By supporting it on the outside edges, and "rolling" (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact