 Trains / 2859
2858  |  2860
Subject:
4.5v Train newbie questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:18:59 GMT

Just got a 99% complete 7722 the other day in a bulk purchase.  I've got a lot
of 9v stuff and had never seen any 4.5v gear.  Great stuff!  The level crossing
kill switch is very cool, as are the little things you clip to the track to
reverse the train direction.  These simple little gadgets are cooler than any
9v accessory!  Why oh why can't we have this stuff in 9v?

The grey "tires" on the motor wheels are toast - they were so dried out that
they just sat and chewed themselves up on the serrated track.  The train runs
without them, but I think it would run better with some kind of rubber on
there.  Anyone have an alternative?  None of my Technic rubber bands are small
enough.

Also, the level crossing switch - the one where you flip a lever and the pad
comes up to hit the motor kill switch - was in pieces when I got it.  It
appears to be missing a rod that goes inside the red tower.  I substituted a
thin wooden dowel for this with great results but I was wondering what the
original looked like.  I probably tossed it during the "cull all the non-lego
crap out" proccess.

Anyhow, wondering if anyone wanted to swap this for 9v gear.  I would _only_
unload this for trade with one of the following:
4547 Club Car
4564 Freight Rail Runner
4551 Crocodile Engine
I also have some pirate and castle I could swap for above if any interest.

Thanks!
Matt the former mailman
www.enginemusic.com