 Trains / 28435
Re: Warsaw Tram Lw #541
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 17:08:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
Didier Enjary wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Timothy Gould wrote:
Hi all, [...]
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=225405 BS> [...]

and some nice clip-to-tile connections ! The round 2x2 tile hold by the tile
with clip look for me like a modern and studless version of the pony-ear
building.

Tim

Yeah, the tile in the tile-with-clip (LDRAW# 2555) thing... That really
stresses the clip. Also, the tile would rather sit at a bit off of a
right angle to relieve some of the strain. I used that technique once to
build some chairs. A tile sat in the tile-with-clip brick and served as
the back of the chair. At 90° you could see the strain in the
tile-with-clip, but when leaned back a bit so that the top of the tile
faced up a bit the strain wasn't visible (or at least didn't cause a
visible deformation of the tile-with-clip). I disassembled the chairs
when I needed some of the tile-with-clips.

Nevertheless, it's still an awesome model, but do the doors open? ;)

Sincerely,
Chris

It does stress the clip but I have enough not to worry about breaking a couple
;) Those connections are just too useful to not abuse them :)

The doors... ummm yeah... they open... sort of... not

Tim