 Trains / 27826
27825  |  27827
Subject:
Psshh-te-cuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 23:38:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

“...Not very long ago, in the top left-hand corner of Wales, there was a railway. It wasn’t a very long railway or a very important railway, but it was called The Merioneth and Llantisilly Rail Traction Company Limited, and it was all there was. And in a shed, in a siding at the end of the railway, lives the Locomotive of the Merioneth and Llantisilly Rail Traction Company Limited, which was a long name for a little engine so his friends just called him Ivor...”

Presenting the newest and proudest member of the Grumbly and District Choral Society, Ivor the Engine. Ivor was fitted with three organ pipes so that he could join the choir - originally he only had a whistle. As Evans the Song said, that would have been all right for a Chinese choir, but not a Welsh one. So Ivor sang in the choir. His boiler is fired by Idris the dragon and Jones the Steam is his driver.

Ivor the Engine

Only one picture at the moment. I’ll add more but I’ve got to tidy him up a bit and sort out the RC power supply truck.

He uses the new RC motor with wheels from Big Ben Bricks. Hooked up to the RC baseplate, he can drive around. Here you can see him as he appeared in the original TV series, and here you can read all about him.

Jason R