 Trains / 27128
27127  |  27129
Subject:
LEGO Name Badge Kit with 1x1 Printed Tiles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:36:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I ran across something interesting at my local LEGO store, and had to pick it up: a make-it-yourself Key Chain Name Kit. It contains 73 pieces (59 of which are 1x1 black tiles with letters printed in silver) and retails for USD$4.99.

The first thing that sprang into my mind was “Street signs for train layouts!” I guess GPLR has gotten to me :) Anyway, I’ve heard many times how handy it would be to have a kit like this, and it seems affordable. It doesn’t have any numbers, but there are five characters outside the English alphabet (for Danish and German, I’m guessing).

Tiles include multiples of most letters:
3x: A, E, L, M, S
2x: B, C, D, F, G, H, I, J, K, N, O, P, R, T, U, V, W, Y
1x: Q, X, Z
1 each: Å, Æ, Ü, Ø, Ö

There doesn’t seem to be a “set” number, but the SKU number is 4294192.

Oh, it also comes with 4x silver dots and 4x silver grilles, as well as the fob: 2 2x10 black plates, 1 black click-hinge plate for the ring, a 1x2 black plate, and 2x8 dark gray plate. Nothing is glued.

I’ll probably pick up a few more at some point.

Kelly