 Trains / 27092
  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

Eric, Is there anyway for you to also gather input from "club-less" LEGO train enthusists? While I don't belong to a club or do exhibitions, I do have my own home layout for both myself and my children. And I too have a big investment in 9V gear. I (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Sure post anything that you feel would be helpful. The reason I wanted to focus on clubs is that they are essentially providing free advertising for LEGO which can be quantified and have a value attached. Any time you can say that LEGO will (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Ok, I'll add my $0.02 to the pile. Summary: Lego trains are the reason there are now 100,000 Lego bricks in my Lego room upstairs. Details: When I was a little kid in Wisconsin in the 1970s, we had HO trains in the basement (didn't (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Here's a reality check. The way LEGO makes train track is realy just wrong. It's way more expensive than it needs to be. Result - LEGO really can't afford to keep producing the existing 9v track and hope to remain profitable. The way I see it, (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Without actually having seen the numbers in regards to the company's sales and manufacturering costs, I'm not sure any of us can say definately that that's the reality. We can speculate a lot, but without some hard numbers, I don't think we (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Dear Rafe, thanks for your story here. It was more worth than just 2 cent for me! I only hope some people at LEGO see, that metal track trains attract lots of people and that these often enough end with a 100.000 ++ collection of bricks. And (...) (18 years ago, 4-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Hey, I have $0.02 here is my take. (...) I’m with you here. In 2002 I went to my first Brickfest. At that point I had just about no bricks and no Lego room. After that I started with castle but still did not have much in the way of bricks or a (...) (18 years ago, 5-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) . . . . (...) I wish to add my $0.02 worth also I think this story can be told by many Rafe, just change the names and ages and you have summed up my history with Lego Trains as well. (which has now made me a bit paranoid, is someone watching (...) (18 years ago, 6-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: 9V Train Motor Being Discontinued?

(...) Hi Gary, I'd really encourage you guys to voice this information to ILTCO, or at (URL) - if TLC don't hear it, they can't take it into account when making their decision. And it appears their deadline is not far off. ROSCO (18 years ago, 7-Apr-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)