 Trains / 26568 (-5)
  Re: modding the new IR trains

I believe that there is a rather large battery box cavity in the interior of the engine above the base plate. Whats nice is that you get to this cavity via the bottom of the train thru the hanging tank. So you have the 6x8 "tank" below, the IR (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Re: Creating a GBC for a train layout, chapter 2

(...) Parallel tracks usually have eight studs between them, because that's the spacing you get when you add a siding. It's also the spacing you get if you put cross tracks across them. In fact, the 16x16 cross track is the best piece to work out (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Addressable IR signal space?

(...) I've got a question along these lines: Is there any "addressable space" left over in the messaging system for Manas? In other words, they've already got 3 "channels" implemented as different sets of codes for the Manas. Have they used up all (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) Using the Manas as a practical example, because I can't imagine they're going to completely revamp the IR system... The signal from the Mana remotes works GREAT in a small room with white wall. You can point it in just about any direction and (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

What about ripping out the IR and jumping right to Blue Tooth. This way the NXT can directly control 3 or 4 trains wirelessly (more if you use a hierarchy), as well as many laptops and smart phones! I know tha Blue Tooth is designed to be low power (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact