 Trains / 26563 (-5)
  Re: modding the new IR trains

(...) (SNIP) (...) (SNIP) (...) (SNIP) (...) I'd like to do a combination of 2, 4 and 7. Take the batteries out, put them in a 4x14 battery box. Use a 9V lead cut in half to connect this to the electronics. Cover over the button of the wrong (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

  Creating a GBC for a train layout, chapter 2

Another apect I was recently thinking about is where tracks usually cross baseplates. For instance, is it "easier" to get a straight section right next to the edge of a 32x32 baseplate, or six studs away? Or eight? Or... what? Does this always have (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NXT external power?

(...) Yeah but it would have been an expensive option I think. There would have to be a built in DC:DC converter to increase the USB 5 volt supply to the necessary internal 9v. And that means the only about 200mA would have been available internally (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  COLTC at Great train EXpo, Columbus OH, Jan 14-15

This weekend, The Central Ohio Lego Train Club will have a ~30 by 30 foot area at the Great Train Expo Show. <www.greattrainexpo.com> We will have a large layout, with no less than 7 train loops. We'll have tall skyscrapers, a new bridge, and a (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Re: modding the new IR trains

(...) Might make your wheel spacing awkward, but a good idea. Has anyone tried this with a 9V BASIC motor?. (...) Just putting in some high-capacity NiMH batteries would extend the life from one charge. But, building in a charging socket and circuit (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact