 Trains / 26533 (-10)
  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) 30 studs would be very long for Annie and Clarabel - I was thinking of trying an MOT 24-stud baseplate. After all, they must have some use (other than a Palethorpe's Pork Sausage three-axle van of course). Maybe you could get away with BBB (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) It'd be a nice nostalgic moment to see a battery tender version of the IR system, based on a short wheelbase. If you take a hacksaw to this one, your wheelbase is still going to be a minimum of 14 studs long, if you have the wheels right at (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: New Trains and BBB Wheels? (was: Re: Still more)

(...) That would seem to be correct, but you're forgetting that if you put big wheels on the battery motor, and connect it to a 9V motor with its small wheels, they'll try to go at different speeds (assuming, as has been suggested, that the motor (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Trains and BBB Wheels? (was: Re: Still more)

(...) I wonder if you could use the new IR motor in a steam engine, driving the drivers, and an old 9V motor in the tender. With a wire between the two, you could have a double-powerful steam engine, with powered drivers and standard transformer (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) Also, for locomotices, the IR plate could be used on rolling stock pulled by a shorter loco (this is how most of the old 4.5v trains worked). Doesn't wor for trolleys though :( (...) Except the RCX will be obsolete in 6 months, and the NXT (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains // more new infos as quoted from 1000steine

(...) Having seen a production unit (as well as sensors) I haven't been able to discover any external power jack. I was allowed by Jan Beyer to make pics and have posted them here : (URL) Jan-Albert van Ree | (URL) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  New Trains and BBB Wheels? (was: Re: Still more)

(...) Good question. I'm eager to order a set and find out how BBB wheels will do with the new battery powered trains. I've tried BBB wheels with the 845 motor: (URL) Which easily accepts a technic axle. With large BBB drivers, at 9V the speed is a (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) Note that for the strong of heart, this might still allow smaller trolleys... with some ABS shavings. But hacking the motor to allow RP and IR controlability seems a likely direction in any event. (...) Or even when you aren't. The biggest (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  NXT external power?

(...) Tony- Huh? The Wired article specifically mentioned that the user group lobbied hard for an external power port but did not get one. -Ted (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

My thoughts on the new battery-powered IR-controlled trains (BPIR trains)... First a quick summary of the reports that I've read here on lugnet.trains. 1. IR controller has three different channels. a. IR controller can switch between channels or (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact