 Trains / 2651
  Why Did Lego Switch to 9V?

Ok Peoples, This is one question that i've never really seen addressed anywhere. We all know lego swtiched from 12V to 9V in the early 90's..but why? If using the rails to conduct energy is the reason, they could've stuck to using 12V on rails. Was (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Why Did Lego Switch to 9V?

(...) K. I'll add what I know about it here. Lego went towards 9V starting with the light and sound modules. (I think they were introduced in 1987 or 8). The trains (european) had push, 4.5V battery, and 12 volt controls available, whereas here we (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)