 Trains / 26488 (-10)
  Re: Hobby Train - the no future train....

(...) Jumping in my way back machine, I remember when they had the battery powered 7722, a station, and a level crossing in the train section of TRU. It was just too cool. The ealy 90's were great too. My wife (then girfriend) bought me my 4563 the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) I think there is a difference between TLG carrying on making and supplying parts for 9v trains and going to the trouble to design and release sets. From my own perspective, keeping me supplied with 9v train parts is 1000 times more important (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) I suppose (and it would have made more sense to check your reply before adding my other one - I'm splitting my own train of thought here) that the new IR base length makes it harder for LEGO to produce a new engine that can sell on its own (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) There's still no definite answer. LEGO might not be willing to commit themselves. Think about it - if they said they'll supply 9V track forever, they can't keep that promise. If they say they'll make it for 2 more years, there'll be uproar (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) Both. I guess what I'm asking is whether the entire, current 9v train line will be continued; produced alongside the new line of trains. (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) I feel compelled to ask; do you really mean "sets" or do you mean supplies of track, switches, 9v train motors, wheel sets and buffer beams, and perhaps track connecting wires and controllers? JB (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) Forgive me if it has been covered before, but the primary question I'd like to ask is whether TLC will continue to produce the old 9v track and 9v motors - and then, if so, will new sets be released based on those old units? Thanks, Derek (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically

(...) What about putting a couple of minifigs on a 2 x 6 plate and using them as the "pushers". Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train - the no future train....

(...) This whole discussion makes me long for the early 1990s, when 9-volt trains were in their infancy, and Toys R Us (at least my local one) not only had them IN STOCK, but actually placed them in the same area of the store with OTHER MODEL (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modding plastic track to conducting track

(...) Already done, I did some experiments using some of the old 4.5v track. (URL) ran metal foil tape on top of the platic rails. (URL) The tape is tin plated copper for use in stain glass. The train motor ran fine. And with the new plastic track I (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact