 Trains / 26449
    Battery drive / new trains —Jonathan Reynolds
   (...) Ah...another reference to my enthusiastic pioneering approach by Jason. The loco in question is a replica of a real loco called a Motor Luggage Van made as a single unit for the Southern Region (ex British Rail). As the name suggests, it was a (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Battery drive / new trains —Ross Crawford
   (...) Similar to our trams, which all carry emergency battery power for if it stops at an isolated section. (...) It seems (URL) the wheels are plastic>, so maybe not total havoc. ROSCO (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Battery drive / new trains —Jonathan Reynolds
   (...) Yep, a totally new train motor too. So now I need even more convincing that Lego will continue with the traditional 9v track-powered range. Jon (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)