 Trains / 26440
  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) Eureka, Mike! I think you have nailed it! The spy pics show metal wheels, suggesting that they are indeed still utilizing the 9 volt train motor. That side thingie I was concerned about now appears to be the sensor that gets the signal from (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) I'd just assumed that most train-heads knew that already. John, you need to open up and talk to the six-wide builders more... ;-) But what does happen if you connect a 9V battery box to a train motor is that you get not so much a (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Battery drive / new trains

(...) Ah...another reference to my enthusiastic pioneering approach by Jason. The loco in question is a replica of a real loco called a Motor Luggage Van made as a single unit for the Southern Region (ex British Rail). As the name suggests, it was a (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) Eeoow. That's akin to kissing one's sister:-p (...) Well, I was imagining a sort of regulator as a part of the battery pack that a remote control could simply activate. A long time ago my son Ross rigged up an old 12 volt motor that ran off of (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Battery drive / new trains

(...) Similar to our trams, which all carry emergency battery power for if it stops at an isolated section. (...) It seems (URL) the wheels are plastic>, so maybe not total havoc. ROSCO (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Battery drive / new trains

(...) Yep, a totally new train motor too. So now I need even more convincing that Lego will continue with the traditional 9v track-powered range. Jon (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)