 Trains / 26153 (-20)
  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

(...) Hi, Mat, A Coaster version will be nice. Thanks for the compliment on the design. I will be selling instructions. I'd like to sell the Rail Runner version of the instructions since I am acquiring the license for their livery. The acquisition (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  3x1 curved slope available in dark bluish gray

I bought one of the new $3.99 level racers this weekend and happily discovered that it come with two of these parts in dark bluish gray: (URL) I believe one of the $9.99 level racers sets comes with two as well. I am glad my patience paid off. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.parts)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Dude, you are a SNOT psycho... and that's saying a lot coming from (URL) me> ;-). I had a look at those BI and I'm still shocked! Good job with those teeeeny offsets! I'm impressed. Legoswami (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Pacific Coast Shay #2

(...) There is now an MPD and POVray render at the bottom of (URL) the page>. You will need LDraw files for (URL) Big Ben Bricks wheels>, which can be found (URL) here>, and possibly also some unofficial LDraw part files from the parts tracker. (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Late night in the Moscow Metro

--SNIP-- (...) As promised, I've done a number of renders of this train now. Some text can be found on the (URL) MOCpage> and pics in the (URL) Brickshelf gallery>. (URL) (click the pic for a full scale image 1280x1024 or (URL) here>) Hope you like (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Yes. I left them 1/5 stud out as the real one. Plus, they're 1 plate shorter (10 instead of 11), so the lower edge is at the same height of the orange line. (...) I noticed it, since they all end with 72xx and not 72xxx... ;-))) But I agree, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Oh, nice work. I understand now your second proposition. You seems to be a fanatic of smooth surfaces without any hole! :-) For the vents I notice you used tiles grid. I thought about using these parts, but I wanted to use the plates 1x8 with (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion

(...) James, these models rock, If I wasn't already working on a San Diego Coaster version, I'd be strongly tempted to buy one of yours. Do you plan to sell instructions seperatly? Mat Clayson (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rail Runner Update (was Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion)

(...) This is a big issue in the model train industry right now. Most fallen flags have become the property of other railroads as they aquier the defunct railroads. A good example is the Union Pacific. Which aquiered the Western Pacific and (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Reverse engineering is fun! :-PPP here is the link: (URL) alternatively you can download the .ldr file and let mlcad generate the images on your computer, offline... I redesigned your loco eliminating all the tiles' grooves and making it (...) (19 years ago, 13-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

Janey, you are right. When you're right, you're right. So. I will accept your trade offer, I will offer my thanks. I will also forward your address on to Tim, in the UK, to have him send you that VERY LOVELY slightly used, open box, ZNAP set. With (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Loco MOC

(...) Oh! I think it will be difficult to reverse-ingeeniering my loco, since there are a lots of parts assembled in many ways. But congratulation if you succeed! If you are enough patient, I promiss to make the MLCAD soon. Bye. (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Late night in the Moscow Metro

(...) As Alexander said (and as someone else who has also used the Moscow Metro), you really did capture the look very well. Even the burned-out lightbulb is an authentic touch. Just looking at your render brings back the hideously loud sound of the (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  [Press Release] Upcoming BayLTC Train Shows

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - Below are the details for the upcoming appearances of the Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC). ---...--- Sunday, December 18, 2005 to Sunday, January 15, 2006 Museum of the American Heritage 351 Homer Street Palo Alto, CA (...) (19 years ago, 12-Nov-05, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC models at LEGOLAND this weekend!

Members of the Southern California LEGO Train Club (SCLTC) will display a large cityscape at LEGOLAND California on Friday November 12, 2005 during the finals of the 2005 Brick to the Future Contest. The contest is cosponsored by The LEGO Company (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: Late night in the Moscow Metro

(...) There are no much traffic (if any) in loc.ru, so I do not think it is fatal :) (...) Yes, please send me MPD file. The final instructions are not required. I think I will able to explore the model in MLCAD. (...) Will be glad to help! Just let (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Late night in the Moscow Metro

--SNIP-- (...) Hi Alexander, I can't believe I forgot to X-post to .loc.ru. How stupid of me! Thanks for your comments, I am glad to know I captured the look decently. If you would like I can send you the MPD file for the Metro train. I'm thinking (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Late night in the Moscow Metro

(...) (snipped) (...) (snipped even more) Tim, as eye-witness (I live in Moscow Region and travel by Moscow Underground/Metro from time to time) I must say that: 1. Your render is fantastic! It's very nice by itself, but because it is really like (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rail Runner Update (was Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion)

--SNIP-- (...) I suspect that recreating a livery out of bricks would be very hard to prosecute as it is an artistic interpratation rather than a direct copy of copyrighted and/or trademarked intellectual property. That said, it would probably (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: Rail Runner Update (was Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion)

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis wrote: SNIP (...) I'm hoping LEGO Train Factory will soon make this wish come true. Anyone have an estimate of when that will be coming along? (...) Again, thinking about LEGO Train Factory, what if we aren't allowed (...) (19 years ago, 11-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact