 Trains / 26061
Re: Palisade Villa GBC (the start of one, anyways...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:35:02 GMT

Janey Cook wrote:
Hmm, this made me wonder, would the smaller, almost round technic ball "thingys"
(yes, that's their official name) work?
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=x201
Or what about solid black minifig heads? OR would they just congest the
contraption?

Hmm, lets drop some in when Dave's not looking and find out.

Derek

That sounds like a great idea!

Shhh!!  He'll find out!

Waittaminit...

A few more videos uploaded--basically the bottom loop--

http://sparky.i989.net/ltrain/palisade_villa_002.mpg

http://sparky.i989.net/ltrain/palisade_villa_003.mpg

They're basically both the same--the first is smaller (30 meg) and shouldn't
make you as dizzy watching it.

Everything is there, except the unloading mechanism--that's where I use the HOG!

I'm trying to come up with a good unloading routine--the train just goes way too
fast at this time--I'll probably add a wye with an 'unloading station', but the
more you overthink the plumbing... (as Scoty used to say)--I'm very wary 'cause
that entire bit is going to be inside the mountain--not easily accessible.

Eh, we'll see what happens.

Dave K