 Trains / 25848
  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) These look great. The technic disk are way to wide for a 6wide engine. I've done something similar for a GP9's fans. But I used regular plastic 9v era wheels. If you remove them from the metal axel, they have an almost stud on the back. The (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10133 BNSF Mod using BBB wheels

(...) I'm aware of that concept as well as one I used 2 yrs ago. (URL) The main issue is friction and the ability to make wheel sets "trucks" without having to rip apart Lego train wheels. It would also be kinda cool to mount the wheels from the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)