 Trains / 25750
    Re: All plastic track —Jordan Bradford
   (...) I have some questions, too. I'm not a huge train person -- I own only two train sets -- but I'm aware of the 9V system's limitations. Would a 9V train have enough momentum to pass over a single section of plastic track? I'm thinking that the (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: All plastic track —Stefan Garcia
     (...) Oooh!!! That would be nifty. Electrical blocks. Also could be used for cheap sidings, if the price is right. (...) Doesn't that not work because of the polarity switching? Like you say above. Or would you isolate it twice, so that you have one (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: All plastic track —Rick Clark
   (...) Actually, hacking the rails to electrically insulate the track only requires sandwiching a tiny slip of paper in between the two sections you want isolated from each other. Tear away the excess, and mark the spot with a red plate (so you can (...) (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)