 Trains / 25739
    Re: All plastic track —Ondrew Hartigan
   (...) Personally I think the play train is a fantastic idea. It will be a great way to lower cost while providing opportunities for new parts, ideas and a new younger audience. Now some of you are worried about the death of the 9volt train set but (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: All plastic track —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Not a big IR fan either but one thing to consider about controllability is that perhaps this system will be more like a walkaround throttle than a wired one, that is, in many IR systems, you press the go button and the vehicle goes. Take your (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: All plastic track —Ted Michon
   (...) I think Larry summed it up nicely. Little kids want to follow the train where ever it goes, so line-of-sight and very short range would be just fine. Remote control from one spot is more of an adult appeal thing and only becomes necessary when (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)