 Trains / 25738 (-10)
  Re: All plastic track

Jake- I haven't quite figured out why I am more concerned about the recent track announcements than most other LTC types I have spoken with. Certainly there's not much anxiety with SCLTC (and even some enthusiasm) as I check in with members. (That (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Sorry, not trying to be dense, I swear. :) Now, to be sure I understand... when you say "metal rail sets", are you referring LEGO Train sets (the big boxes) that include the metal rails AND a model all in one box? Sets like the High Speed or (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Actually, this may be the best thing in years for retailers. We're looking at ways that they'd be able to easily get sets from consumer creators like you, if they like your design. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Team (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Mike- My experience buying LEGO started only goes back 15 years. The Target buy occurred during the transition from 4.5/12V to the 9 volt system when I got 100 boxes of old track for $0.50 each. I haven't found any great Target deals at all in (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I heard you the first time. I wish you would hear us. It "appears" that the metal rail sets are at an end. I don't know how I feel about that yet. I listened very carefully when you said that the track will still be available for many years, (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Bryan- Right. I hope (and expect) LEGO Factory to be extremely successful. It's looks like a win-win for TLC and many LEGO builders (not so good for retailers and resellers). Clearly LEGO Factory will be as useful to train builders as to any (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) Again, we're not "moving away" from metal rails. Metal rails will continue on into the future. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Team (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I would think that it is the market that TLG is/was trying to target (primarily 7 year olds - think 4561 - through tweens), not Train Hobbyists. $100+ is still a fairly large investment for some parents to make on present that potentially will (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Lego Train Factory - "preliminary wagon design"

In Jake's notes, (URL) mentions a "preliminary wagon design" slide. Does anyone have a screen capture of this? Bryan (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) When you say "prohibitively expensive", it's important to put it in context. If you're talking about a 5 year old getting into trains for the first time, metal rails are certainly expensive. If you're talking about a Hobby Train, then that's a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact