 Trains / 25554
Re: TCLTC layout Pics from the NMRA show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:53:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Robert Fries wrote:
   What are you using for the load in the hopper cars, as shown in this photo?

For the most part, simply 1x1 black plates. I used black plates to bind the walls for strength, and then “greeblied” them in order for the load to look random. The secret is to turn the 1x1s at various angles so that the eye doesn’t pick up the uniform stud pattern so easily. HERE’S another pic showing the detail a little more clearly. I’ve used this technique in track beds and for landscaping (tan corner).

   Thanks for sharing the photos, always an inspiration ...

Thanks!

JOHN