 Trains / 25533
Re: What's this — a track cleaner?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:52:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Joe Strout wrote:
   Browsing pics from the NMRA show, there are so many amazing things, one hardly knows where to begin... but I have to ask about this one:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bricks/NMRA/Saturday/100.jpg

What is this thing? A track cleaner? I’m guessing you pull it around the track, and the little felt roll picks up the track crud. Anybody have any details on it (such as how to build one)?

Thanks,
– Joe

P.S. Apologies if this is old hat; I’m just a newbie.

correct that is a track cleaner that I built one of the days we were there. It works quite well and there will be more information at a later time on how to build and what to use.

thanks Mark Peterson IndyLUG/CILTC