 Trains / 25480
Re: The Upper Chattahoochee rides again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 21:24:00 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh wrote:
   Back when I got into LEGO railroading I built my first MOC set of engines, they were part of my Upper Chattahoochee railway. I didn’t have a lot of parts and not a lot of experience building trains.

They looked like this

For an older MOC, I think they looked pretty good, reminds me of a GP15

My first train MOC was a 88ton switcher about 15 years ago. Although it could be greatly improved, I’m hesitant to change it.

Mat

   Well one of the great things about LEGO railroading is that no MOC is completed, there is aways room for improvement. The UC engines were retired to a box in my LEGO room till this week. I dug out the old engines and rebuilt them with a new modern look. I did keep the old decals & numbers in tack just so part of the orginal train was still there. (I may put new decals on the engines one day)

Now the good old engine 5412 has returned to life along with the other UC engines.

All the picture goodness can be seen here after moderation.

jt

James J. Trobaugh

North Georgia LEGO Train Club